Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extended RV Warranties

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    I had an extended warranty from one of the independent companies on an American Eagle that was supposed to cover almost everything on it. I blew a tire and wiped out an air bag. They wouldn't pay because the air bag was damaged by the tire. They said they would have paid if it had just died on its own. I think if they don't have a rule to "get out of paying a claim", they will make up one when the time comes.
    I agree, not all insurance companies are like that...... just most of 'em!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

If you are financing a coach, don't wrap the Extended Warrany cost into the coach payment because you end up with interest paying more than the warranty policy costs. We don't use them or want them. Odds are the failure of an item will be in the fine print they don't cover it. Gary C has an extended warranty posted above and hasn't need it yet The Good Sam company has his money. Its just extra profit for whoever is providing the warranty service.
    Go to Best Buy or another electronics retail company and they badger the customer to buy into their Warranty program. If it wasn't profitable for them, they wouldn't sell them. my 2 cents
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

My negative experience was with Good Sam CSP.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Dale ,send me a PM on this subject, Thanks Gary

Just a note, A couple years ago I had my CC at a dealership for service and to sale, while on the lot vandals cut the fence and trashed 5 coach's mine was one of them, That's when I found out that dealerships do not cover coaches that are on consignment, my Ins had to pay! just food for thought.

There was an article last year, I think in the FMCA magazine. It was even scarier, it indicated that as you've mentioned dealerships do not insure consignment coaches, AND it also indicated that it's very possible that YOUR insurance will not cover your coach when on a consignment lot. Something about not being in your control ....

Ray

Many of the RV insurance companies now offer specific policies to cover coaches while on consignment. We have just filled out 2 questionnaires from customers for their insurance. We are the only consignment company I am aware of that also has a policy that will cover non-owned coaches. It is an expensive policy, and they are difficult to get as you are insuring something you do not have a monitory interest in.
    Steve & Rhonda Bennett
    Dana Point, CA
    92 Marathon XL40
    2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
    Owner: California Coach Company, LLC

Glad to hear that on both fronts. The FMCA article was scary. Perhaps due to having consignment lots now they've offered these policies. But, I think as you've indicated, they are not your "regular" bus policy. Double glad to hear that you went the extra mile to get the policy to cover the coaches at your site! Woohoo!

There is really no such thing as an extended warranty, it is an insurance policy, some times called an service contract. Put the money you would pay for the insurance away and over the years I think most will have money left at the end of the term. Even if you pay for some repairs that might be covered. I was a new car dealer for almost 20 years and saw many after market insurance firms use some really wild ideas to get out of paying a claim. Most of them use other firms to administer the claims. I think they get a bonus for rejecting claims. While in the car business we sold a lot of the car makers policies which were backed by the factory. We did it as a servcie to our customers because it was in Fairbanks, Alaska. The exteme weather there is tough on cars. Every dealer in town had the highest warranty cost per unit in the nation. My thought on RV extended warranty. Save your money.

Great post Larry; it's good to hear from someone who has first hand experience with many of these type of policies. Thanks for a great post!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot