Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Default Used Engines

Here is a suurce I have found for Used Powerplants

www.rivercitytruckparts.com

They ship anyware.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Thanks

Joe-

Thank you for the link if you put that for my search for an engine.

Thank you,

Jeff

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Jeff, I also gave you a # in your private mess. to call.
    He wants to make you an offer AS-IS!

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

A fellow called me today about a used 60 series.
    From this River City joint I put up previously, its by Knoxville off I-65 im told.
    7500$ for a used 60 series.
    He said they run and dyno them.
    Almost 500$ to ship it to Savanah.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Replacment Engine

Joe- Thanks for the continued help on the engine. I'm considering the possible mistake of towing the bus to my neighbors in Florida from Savanah and letting him take a swing at installing a replacment engine I furnish. He is retired and works on his own cars as a hobby and pulls engines all the time. Now I know this is working on a different level and I need to speak to him to find out if he would consider himself capable of the job but for what these shops want to do the work, I'm thinking I could buy $5,000 worth of tools including the hoist needed for the engine. Does anyone thing this is viable or should I surpress the thought of attempting this with some experienced help ? Will we run ourselves ragged trying to collect all the specilized tools needed or is it fairly pedestiran for someone who has a shop full of tools ?

Default New Engine

How does the engine come out? Thru the back or the bottom? Where there's a will there a way. Or as my Attorney says; where there's a will there,s Probate.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Gary,

You must remove the bumper/facia, then unbolt the bolts you see on the frame the motor sits in. Then it just comes out the backend of the coach with whatever platform you use. We had a cylinder kit put in on our 1999 shell. 2001 Country Coach 2 slide XL when it had 20K miles on it. It was a DD recall. The engine, which had in embossed letters on the block said "made in Mexico". this motor was made with solid pushrods instead of hollow, so we got the kit under warranty. This was back in 2002

I used to own Volkswagon Buses when I was in my early 20's. I travelled all over the USA in two different buses, a 68' and a 72'. Anyway, we would pull those engines all he time. You would just jack up the back of the bus and drop the engine on a roll out. Simple
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

lewpopp Guest

Boy, isn't it wonderful that when you are talking about the big DD's and Gary tells you he changed engines on VW busses.

Did you feel like a bus driver back then?

Lew

Thumbs up

Jeff, With an attitude like yours and being young and adventurous, I say go for it you don't have anything to loose. JIM

Hey by the way where you been hiding I miss your dissertations.