Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burning Smell

Dave, I go and set you up so Liberty stands tall, and what do your do but blow holes in my story. I thought you were in the business of SELLING coaches.

It may be rubber dust, but I suspect it is mostly particulate from the diesel exhaust that accumulates while towing and then burns off when the car engine heats up. Especially with the 8-V, the particulate is somewhat sticky and can adhere to the bottom of the engine, trans and exhaust components. Ask people who pull a toad with a gas motorhome. They don't experinence this.

I always thought that it had a diesel kind of smell.My first coach(2001)had more smell in the toad after towing than the 2 newer coaches,maybe the EGR motors really do work in the emissions area.

If you can keep you toad up to 70 mph or so for the first 40 miles you won't notice it after the first fuel stop........

Jon,

Isn't it great when you can get ole Wally to use his keyboard and he's now up to 2 posts? Did you count your fingers after shaking his hand in Kerrville?

And here I always thought I was slowly trashing Jennifer's "no tow" Lexus. Will have to show her this thread as further evidence that towing her car is good for it - helps clean up the environment of rubber or diesel soot or whatever the hell it is.....

Jon,
    Tahoe's only smell after being towed by coaches other than LIBERTY"S which are usually trade-in's !!!! LOL

Dave Wishnoff

Good one Dave.

Did you see my PM?