Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost Direct TV signal

Jon is right,I have had both and TracStar is the best.

Winegard did call and basically told me what you all have--not the go buy a Tracstar part--. I will pop the dome off and see if anything is obvious and it has the right voltage. I am also looking at TracStar in my area or in Phoenix. Still miss my no nonsense crank up. jjf

To answer the LNB question, the LNB is the head in front of the dish (reflector) that appears to be looking back at the reflector. It collects the satellite signal coming off of the reflector and send it to the satellite reciever. If you don't have signal, this is one of the items in the signal path. BTW, in many mobile satellite systems, such as the Winegard & KVH, the LNB is powered by the satellite receiver. No power to the LNB means no signal can be collected.

Being in the satellite business for more years than I care to count, I would agree, the TracStar SV-360 in-motion system is the satellite of choice for those folks that want little to no problem. The Winegard is a problem waiting for the most inopportune time to break with little to no replcaement parts available, and the KVH, although nicely built is over engineered to be dependable. In my opinion, KVH has done a nice job with their latest system, the R6 DX. If you go with this brand, this would be the one to consider.

BTW, NO dome system is dependable for HD reception! They all offer Dish Network as a HD alternative and I've tested all brands. None have met the criteria of being dependable. The way to go for HD is the MotoSat HD universal satellite system. It is designed for our rounded roofs and is universal for all sevice providers. Being US made is a unique feature that fits my taste as well.

Hope this helps, CYA at the POG 9
    Last edited by GSwaim; 10-07-2010 at 08:45 AM.