Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New POG member from California

Default New POG member from California

Hi all, just wanted to introduce ourselves, as we are the new, and very excited owners of our '97 Vantare XLV. I just arrived home (just north of San Francisco), after aquiring Larry Jones' bus in North Carolina, and drove it cross the states. This bus is in phenominal condition, and Larry and Kay couldn't have been more helpful and accomodating!!! No major problems with the coach on OUR maiden voyage, with only 1 visit to Prevost in Dallas in transit for a wheel seal and oil change.

Would love to hear from other POG members in our area. Give us a shout. We are thrilled with our new life here, and on the road!

Curtis,Welcome to POG,You could not have purchased a better maintained coach,Larry as you now know is very particular and diligent in making certain that his coach is up to speed.I have been in your coach several times and it is great,I was always surprised with how much room there is in the salon area even without slides,a very well laid out interior.I am sure that you searched for a while and I know that your search was worth it because of the great coach that you found.

Welcome to the asylum Curtis. As long as you have thick skin, a sense of humor, and an understanding that the advice we give is bogus you will get along very well in this crowd.

Come to Kerrville and see what you have gotten yourself into.

Curtis & Christine,

Welcome to POG. Post some pictures of your Vantare when you get a chance, we would love to see it. Better yet, attend the rally in Kerrville and we can all see it up close and personal.

Congratualtions!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Congratulations on your new acquisition, and welcome to POG. It is the best $50.00 you have spent to become a member of the group.

Welcome to the group Curtis. The place to learn about your bus is at the POG rallies. As others have mentioned, if at all possible, try to make the one in Kerrville in a couple weeks.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Welcome to POG, Curtis & Christine! As a fellow owner of a Vantare conversion of similar vintage, I can attest that you made an excellent choice! Please post some pictures of your new bus so that we can all give it its due admiration! As you become more familiar with your bus' systems and unique "peculiarities" over time, we'll have to compare notes!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! We re thrilled to be a part of a new family!!

I have attached some pics taken this morning. And YES, Larry and Kay are very special folks. The greatest thing about our purchase, is that I am convinced that everything was done for the life of this coach in Larry's care to maintain it at optimum levels. I know that I did not buy "someone elses problem". It is a wonderful feeling to go to sleep at night knowing that anything that comes up is just it's time to come up, ya know?

That being said, I took the bus out to the doctor today. Nothing major.... It turns out I had a fuel leak coming from one of the 4 injector pumps on the generator. At closer look, 2 of them were leaking. # 1 and # 3. I had all four removed, and am replacing them all as long as we had in apart. (only about 20 minutes to remove them all).

With only 3400 hours on the Powertech 17.4 LE, I am attributing this to the fact that the generator hasn't run in a while, as larry kept this bus in a climate controlled garage plugged to 50amps, and had bought his new Vantare in 2006, and probably didnt run the genny all that much on this bus over the last several years. The seals inside the injectors probably just just got a little dry and crudded. Sooooo...... change em all! :-)

I am writing this this, cuz... well, lets just say that I want to maintain this coach in the same manner it was taken care of. Hope I can. Larry Jones..... your a hard act to follow!!! :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful bus Curtis, looks like you got a gem there, well done. We'd love to see you in Kerrville.

Beautiful... just beautiful... we have a Vantare as well.. I love them !!
    Congratulations and welcome to the club.
    We are newbies too.. haven't met a soul yet, but already feel like I know a lot them !!
    Can't wait for the Rally... are you coming?? we don't want to be the only babes on the block ??!!

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD