Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: POG IX KERRVILLE 4X4'ing ??????

Loc,

2010 jeep 4 dr Wrangler with stock 32" tires and a 3 inch lift. No winch, no front locker, factory trak-lock rear. It worked ok at the NOT-"the Fat Begale 4x4" in Durango.

We have the H3 Hummer X Alpha, which means it looks, perty, but has never seen any dirt or gravel except on the way to the car wash. They tell me it has several options for wheel locks on it, but never used them. No winch, but I have a nice nylon toe line if someone gets stuck.

NEWBIE to 4 wheeling so be gentle on me. Do not get me rolling over and over like you did several years ago. You had to put various parts of your jeep on the trailer to get her home and put back together if I remember correctly?

Gary S.

Gary,
    As Loc I'm sure will concur, thats 4-wheeling. Having to put her back together is how you guage the fun level. Or at least thats how I would view it with someone else's rig. As for mine I really don't like to get it dirty!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick,

After seeing that sad performance in West Tremont, I'm sure you are ready to prove your self in Texas. But dude will it be another DeSilva owned Hyundai pulling you out or an Orange Scout from Oklahoma?

Skiffer

Skiffer,
    I'm arranging to have a modified Prius onsite to be utilized as our go to rescue vehicle. Thats so we can all feel good about being Green!!!!!!!!!

If they have jeep rentals locally, I would be interested in going as well. Or if someone needs a co pilot.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Here is the update... I spent about 6 hours on Sunday running trails at Cline Ranch. We are in for some great wheeling. There are some really great trails that will be a lot of fun. The only drawback is that the Ranch is covered with small cedar trees / bushes that in many places are really close to the trail and you may end up with some scratches.

My plan is to run the following trails in this order - Money Pit (named because someone lost their wallet in it); Bloody Leg (named because someone cut their leg on the trail); Lake View (named because of the nice view of Lake Medina); Rainbow Rock (a dry creek bed with some waterfalls when raining that you have to climb); Tower Trail (goes up a big hill); Rock Garden (as you would guess a lot of large rocks) and finally Throttle Up Hill (going down because going up is a real challenge). Although this doesn't seem like much, this will keep us busy. There are several obstacles which will be fun to watch your fellow POGgers try to conquer.

The trails should be doable for any of the Jeeps based on the way that they are set up (each of them has lift and larger tires). I am concerned Gary that the H3 may be a little challenged to run some of these trails. I did not damage anything on Sunday nor did either of the two other Jeeps running the trails, but you will have to be the judge for your vehicle.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Loc View Post
    Here is the update... I spent about 6 hours on Sunday running trails at Cline Ranch. We are in for some great wheeling. There are some really great trails that will be a lot of fun. The only drawback is that the Ranch is covered with small cedar trees / bushes that in many places are really close to the trail and you may end up with some scratches.

My plan is to run the following trails in this order - Money Pit (named because someone lost their wallet in it); Bloody Leg (named because someone cut their leg on the trail); Lake View (named because of the nice view of Lake Medina); Rainbow Rock (a dry creek bed with some waterfalls when raining that you have to climb); Tower Trail (goes up a big hill); Rock Garden (as you would guess a lot of large rocks) and finally Throttle Up Hill (going down because going up is a real challenge). Although this doesn't seem like much, this will keep us busy. There are several obstacles which will be fun to watch your fellow POGgers try to conquer.

The trails should be doable for any of the Jeeps based on the way that they are set up (each of them has lift and larger tires). I am concerned Gary that the H3 may be a little challenged to run some of these trails. I did not damage anything on Sunday nor did either of the two other Jeeps running the trails, but you will have to be the judge for your vehicle.

In that case Loc, I will just stay at home and wash / wax my Hummer.

Seriously, I don't want to show my ignorance anymore than I already do, by trying to climb hills I shouldn't be climbing in an ON ROAD ONLY vehicle.

Besides you lost me at SCRATCHES !!!!

Thanks for checking the trails out for us.

Naw, they be called Texas Pinstripes. we have them in Colorado! "Colorado PinStripes"!!
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Gary,

Just go out and rent a bulldozer. It will go anywhere one of those little Jeeps will go, it makes its own road, you don't have to worry about scratches, and if anyone pisses you off just drive over them.

If its worth doing, it is worth doing to excess.

I'm not sure about what kind of tow bar you would use and I don't know what braking system to recommend.