Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Talking about Wheels

I did four buy my own hand and not a mark! Feeling a little whipped I took two to a tire service and stood over them and still got a big ding and a $60.00 bill to boot. Not even an I'm sorry. They rather say you gotta expect that.

I will change the remaining two myself.

JIM

Are we getting old, grumpy and pessimistic, or is the quality of "professional" work just plain lousy in a lot of cases? Doesn't anyone take pride in their work?

Thumbs up Job complete and on the road to Texas

After chasing special tools (sockets I did not own) I got all the parts cleaned (the bad part of the job) and removed the studs and installed the new along with a needed new seal. Set the bearing preload and backed off for a .005 free play.

Dismounted the remaining two tires and installed the sensors and remounted the tires. Mounted the wheels and took the bus out for a 30 mile test drive. Returned to the barn with no difficulties and commenced to load all of our STUFF and actually got it all in (not necessarily where it will stay, but good to go). This was yesterday.
    Today we closed up the bus barn and hit the road for Lonsome Georges where we will drop the oil pan and remove the buggered old plug, change the oil, coolant filter and diesel filters, on the way to Kerrville.
    We will be on the road for about seven months before returning to the bus barn.

Logged 250 miles today with no apparent difficulties with the tag seal or the drive seal and lug studs.

See You Soon, JIM & BARB

great news Jim! Drive carefully, and we'll see you in Kerrville!

Job well done Jim, I look forward to meeting you in Kerrville, drive safe and good luck with that pesky oil plug.

Way to go Jim. So glad to hear your good news. Safe and fun travels to you. See you in Kerrville! Deb and Eric