Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oklahoma City, Houston, Daytona Beach

We were pulled for going too slow if you can imagine that! The guy didn't even mention commercial operator/ non commercial. From what I have read on this site South Dakota allows 75 foot rigs as does Montana and Wyoming. Interestingly just got off the phone with a bud who drives a coach for NASCAR and he says about the same thing you do if you don't attract attention you are cool. He did say California is bad and Texas can be bad as well about over length. He mentioned something interesting to me anyway he said that I should stop at agricultural inspection sites in Florida. He said it's no big deal, they don't weigh you they are just making sure that you don't have any agricultural products that could damage Florida's farms. To be honest I haven't stopped in 3 round trips to Florida and back and nothing has happened. Can you shed any light on that? Thanks.......JR

I cannot speak for others, but I have passed the FL agricultural check points and never stopped in 20 years of driving Prevost coaches. Often multiple times a year.

Don't intend to start doing it any time soon.

The difference between an entertainer's coach and a motorhome conversion is quite profound looking at the outside so it is possible the police knew without even bringing up the subject.

We live in FL and pass the agricultural inspection stations often. We do not go through them, even when pulling our stacker trailer. We have never had a problem.

Good info thanks so much!