Thread: 365 Tires

Hybrid View

Thanks to all for the positive information. I will place my order for new wheels and tires for the front of the bus. I have a 475 torque stick in the bus barn that now has a new home in the bus for a "just in case you don't have one" situation. Again, thanks.

I concur with everybody's thumbs up...I think you'll be very happy with the 365's on the ft. I ASSUME you have hub centric wheels currently (as opposed to my oe stud centric) which should mean no stud/nut replacements.

Well not everybody. Denny is sold on the 365's and there is no doubt it will be nicer to have additional carrying capacity.

I think if I was pushing my tire weight limits 365's would at least get consideration. My reservation is the spare tire situation. As long as Denny is willing to give up space to carry a spare he has addressed that. I don't have the space for a spare so that would not be an option. It is hard to beat having 8 tires all alike because of the ability to mount good tires where they are needed most.

As to the ride.....as a tire ages it seems to get harder and noisier. If he was changing his tires and just mounted new 315's it is likely he would have a softer, quieter ride. Every time I mount new tires I enjoy the improvement, whether it is on my car or bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Well not everybody. Denny is sold on the 365's and there is no doubt it will be nicer to have additional carrying capacity.

I think if I was pushing my tire weight limits 365's would at least get consideration. My reservation is the spare tire situation. As long as Denny is willing to give up space to carry a spare he has addressed that. I don't have the space for a spare so that would not be an option. It is hard to beat having 8 tires all alike because of the ability to mount good tires where they are needed most.

As to the ride.....as a tire ages it seems to get harder and noisier. If he was changing his tires and just mounted new 315's it is likely he would have a softer, quieter ride. Every time I mount new tires I enjoy the improvement, whether it is on my car or bus.
    Jon, when Ken Z and I traveled to Alaska I brought a 315 tire in the back of my Honda Pilot. It was a perfect fit. I put a piece of plywood on top of the tire and carried it in the back of the Pilot. The plywood allowed extra storage on top of the tire.

My point is you could carry a spare 315 in your tow car if there is no place for it in the bus!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

I put New Michelin's on the front this past August to correct a severe pull to the right. The ride did improve and the pull was gone, but the fact that I have to carry 125 lbs pressure in the front tires is the cause of the heavy thumping in the front when I hit a bridge joint, expansion joint, rough road, etc. As to not enough room for a spare, when do we reach the point when enough is enough? We can carry everything we need to make repairs along the road and all the extra parts necessary for repairs but we can't carve out the room for an extra tire that may be more difficult to find than any of the parts and tools we carry. My Joey bed's floor is full. But in most of it I still have over a foot of room between the top of the stuff and the ceiling above it . I planned on doing exactly what Tuga suggested. Fill the wheel opening in the tire and put a piece of plywood over that and continue to use the new space created by the new false floor. This will give me more usable space than what I have now since there is a lot of empty air space above the existing containers and boxes.

Has anyone ever thought of putting the spare on top of the bus? I'm not saying to just throw it up there but build something to make it match what's already up there. Something low profile that would go along with the air conditioners or satellite dome. I know it would be a pain but so would it be looking for one when your broke down. I know all my bays are full and so is the back of my Tahoe with all the grandkids living out of state.

Sid,
    Just be sure that you are wearing your athletic supporter when you attempt to put that puppy on your roof as my recollection is that those Michelins are heavy. Even without the wheels !
    Wendy and Rick DeSilva
    '08 Marathon H-3
    2017 F350 platinum
    Mahwah, NJ
    Brant Beach, NJ
    Pelican Lake, Fla