Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: send me HOT pictures

Is there a list of converters whose name we are restricted from using?

Since my coach is not one of our sponsors does that mean I can't mention Marathon in a text or recommend them?

Just trying to understand the rules.

James, I don't think there are to many " Rules." I do know when something gets censored it was because more good will result than bad. The Webmaster works hard for all of us. Sometimes we don't know " The rest of the story " and it is better to just move on and enjoy the assets of POG.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Is there a list of converters whose name we are restricted from using?

Since my coach is not one of our sponsors does that mean I can't mention Marathon in a text or recommend them?

Just trying to understand the rules.
    I'm not aware of a list, but maybe we can come up with a set of code words.

Quote Originally Posted by travelite View Post
    I'm not aware of a list, but maybe we can come up with a set of code words.
    Perhaps "D" for Diamond, "M" for Marathon, "S" for Stanley etc. And I'm always curious about the "rest of the story".

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Perhaps "D" for Diamond, "M" for Marathon, "S" for Stanley etc. And I'm always curious about the "rest of the story".
    Or we could slightly misspell the offenders: Staley becoms Stanley, Country Coach becomes Country Conch, Marathon becomes Maranone...

I can handle misspelling.

When I posted a response to another member I had no idea that I would become a victim of censorship due to the frustration of this site ownership as it turns out "non sponsors/advertiser".

Short take on this subject. I have been in contact with James at Xtreme Paint and Graphics in Nacogdoches,TX. We have had 4 or 5 phone conversations on a headlight up grade on my 2005 xxxxxx XL II. We have agreed on the type of up grade, located the paint code for exact coach match and price agreed of $2500.00. I was to remove and pack both headlight assemblies for shipment to James this week.
    I will call James on Monday and cancel the order. I believe.... J.S...... he is one of your advertisers.
    AL

Al,

Two wrongs do not make a right. James is blameless in this unfortunate situation yet you are punishing him.

Jim Skiff is a reasonable person who has done a great deal for POG. If he made an error in judgment it is fair to "beat up on him", but hurting someone who does not have a dog in the fight is just wrong. I have been censored and when it happens Jim Skiff and I discuss it. That ends the problem, whether I agree or not.

There isn't a single one of us who hasn't screwed up. When it happens we just move on.

Al,

Why the vindictive post? If your pissed off at Skiff over the censorship deal, why would you take it out on a POG Sponsor who is going to do an upgrade for you? If you think this will cause financial harm to Skiff by losing a Sponsor, your sadly mistaken, James at Extreme will see this ploy for exactly what it is and probably agree that he didn't need your business anyway.

With all due respect, you and I have e-mailed back and forth regarding my CC and I have explained how I saw the censor thing and I thought it was all history. If your intent with the latest post is to try to cause harm to POG or Skiff, you may want to think about moving on to another forum.

Sorry big guy, that's just the way I see it!

I can't think of any subject more contentious on this forum than the censorship issue. We have debated this for several years . Several people who felt strongly about this have regrettably left the Forum.
    The issue has always been about promoting, advertising, or offering Services inadverdantly or directly by members .
    By now it should be clear this forum is not a Blog site , nor is it a 1st amendment site.
    There are rules although not many in my opinion.
    Some will think ,' Hey, there's someone monitoring my posts who has control over content'
    No kidding.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide