Thread: Soundproofing Material

dreamchasers Guest

Default Soundproofing Material

After several days of searching the POG Forum, I decided to ask the question concerning soundproofing material.

As a Country Coach owner, I am searching for the multi layered soundproofing material used by Country Coach. In my coach the material is used in the generator compartment and in soundproofing the engine compartment. The material seems to have three different layers of different thickness and density.

I thought I read a post a while back concerning the material, but can not find it. Any help is appreciated.

Hector

Joe C redid his generator bay a couple years ago,I am like you I cannot find it.

A couple of years ago, Doug (Owner of Excalibur-POG Sponsor) ordered some for us and we put it in. I'm sure if you contact him, he could help you out. I remember it was expensive material and .....alot of work putting it in the generator bay due to the generator not pulling out but so far.
    Sandy
    Last edited by CAPT MOGUL & Sandy; 09-04-2010 at 09:02 PM. Reason: adding sentence
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

Quote Originally Posted by dreamchasers View Post
    After several days of searching the POG Forum, I decided to ask the question concerning soundproofing material.

As a Country Coach owner, I am searching for the multi layered soundproofing material used by Country Coach. In my coach the material is used in the generator compartment and in soundproofing the engine compartment. The material seems to have three different layers of different thickness and density.

I thought I read a post a while back concerning the material, but can not find it. Any help is appreciated.

Hector
    Hector, I think you can find something to use from this company.

http://www.soundown.com/index_Marine.htm

http://www.soundown.com/Section%201%20PDFs/Products.pdf

JIM
    Last edited by JIM CHALOUPKA; 09-04-2010 at 09:20 PM.

dreamchasers Guest

Thanks for the Replys!

Hector

Hector, please let us know the outcome. Inquiring minds are curious.