Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP my husband is about to buy a prevost. we have four kids under 6

Quote Originally Posted by fixrim View Post
    I have FIVE kids and a prevost, though my kids range in age from 7-14 now. Prevost is a great way to go, but your kids will grow out of those bays fast, find an entertainer coach with bunks, Ours has 3 bunks, and a fold out couch, and 2 bathrooms, and works great.
    Bob,

That sounds great. Tell us more. I have a bunch of kids too. What entertainment coach do you have? What are the capacities of the systems? It seems that entertainment coaches often lack in the areas of holding tank sizes, inverters, batteries, etc; i.e., entertainers tend to run the generators all the time.

Thanks
    Last edited by travelite; 09-07-2010 at 03:26 PM.

Every coach built is a compromise. No exception.

Entertainer coaches offer bunks at the expense of closets and wide open bath and vanity areas. But for larger families they tend to make a lot of sense. Everybody gets private space.

They trade an abundance of bay space for holding tank capacity, OTR, outside entertainment systems, an abundance of batteries, etc. So as a result they have a lot of roof airs and make extensive use of the generator. They need bay storage for instruments and gear so that becomes the priority.

But all is not bad. Getting an entertainer coach provides plenty to work with. With the generally wide open bays holding tanks can be added, additional batteries can be added, and there will still be room for other features not necessary on an entertainer shell. Running a generator all the time for cooling is not the negative it might seem to be. The generator does not use a lot of fuel so there will always be plenty of power available to run electronic games along with the AC units. The long wheel base may be an issue on rare occasion, but not as much as it may seem due to the sharper turning radius of the IFS shells.

I have seen Rob Russell create a coach with a quick change bedroom, converting it into an executuve seating area, and easily changed back so to modify an entertainer coach specific to your needs only takes some imagination. Those interiors are easily removed and modified unlike a motor home conversion.