Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blow Engine needs replacment

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Blow Engine needs replacment

Can anyone make a better recomendation for a replacment engine on my 1994 Series 60 Angola than the $30k that Detroit wants for a rebuit (parts and labor). ?

dalej Guest

I can't, it scares me just to talk about it! After my injector episode I just want to relax for a while.

Foontoon,

$30 grand is a lot of money, but it may not be out of line for a factory reamanufactured engine. Should get a new warranty too. Did that include labor??

Where do you live?? There is a great place in Bakersfield, CA called Delaney and Aulf. Did a great job on my 8-92 in had in my Eagle.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Our brother-in-law just tore up a gear drive on a 60series (in a truck) but had to decide if to repair or replace, with replacement including labor at 14500$.
    I wouldnt think the labor would not be that different between the two?

He chose to repair, with a new bottom-end and some other misc. stuff 7500$

What failed? Was it catostrophic, unrepairable ,or, you dont want to go that route?

I know you are out in Cal. but if you want to see what a good mid-west bus shop is charging for this try Eagles Nest in Nashville.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Aaaaah, I'd check around a couple of other DD dealers. Remember, most are 'franchises,' and some are company stores.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Where I'm at for the Engine I need

I'm a full timer in my other 1997 Royale. I'm a real nut job when it comes to going overboard when I get into something so I acutally I have a 1999 uncoverted H3-45 Shell that I need to dispose of (email me if anyone is interested). Anyway, I'm in California at prsenet but the bus is in Savanah Georgia. So anything in that neck of the woods is where I need to be in order to keep from spending the cost reduction moving it cross country.

The block is a total loss. Piston flew out of of the block. Made a real "Uh Oh!" kind of a noise. Not good. Turbo and other stuff probabley salvagable but a total replace needed for the most part.

Jeff

Jeff,
    Ken & Ellen just moved to Savannah, maybe they could make a few local calls for you or can find a better alternative. I'll be glad to try to help from the Atlanta area if you want.

Default Engine Meltdown

Is there such a thing as a Short Block for that engine.? I would do a search on the internet first.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

At my local DD about a month ago they had a special for engines, ranging from around $6000 for a limited rebuild, to $11000 for an in-frame to $18,000 for a factory majored engine.

FWIW

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Long block for sure. And add a core charge, whatever that might be. When we get quoted for a "factory rebuilt" that is what your getting, a long block with all exzisting components reused.

I want to understand you correctly. This is a additional bus that you want to get running to sell?