Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bottom of galley cabinet cracked from light to the wall

We have seen more problems with Vitracor or Nuvacor, than we have seen with the more traditional high pressure laminates. Because of their added thickness, the paper, or painted backing and the inherent brittleness of the material, this type of material is more susceptible to problems with the substrate or environmental conditions. It is important when repairing an area to make sure there is not a seam in the area that cracked. If there is you may want to have that area of the cabinet altered so it will not happen again. Window cleaner is not the best choice for cleaning laminate, especially the Vitracor type of material. Most window cleaners contain ammonia, that will over time degrade the plastic. You also do not want to use window cleaner on any acrylic or other plastic surfaces in the coach (mirrors, display cabinets, etc.). There are products made specifically for cleaning and protecting various plastics, laminates, and even solid surface counters.
    Steve & Rhonda Bennett
    Dana Point, CA
    92 Marathon XL40
    2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
    Owner: California Coach Company, LLC

Thank everyone for the good info again this site is where it's at . thanks Gary C

we,ve seen this before,lib ,vogues,vantare,s,many ways to repair,call me ,rick at 813-833-2284

Maybe someone can help me with some leads. I have been told from the people trying to repair some of my cracked cabinets in my 02 Vantare that they can not find the right vitricor. My cabinets have a light brown swirl behind the laminate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I assume you checked with Vitracore. Donnie Myers probably has it, but I believe he reserves it for his service customers.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thank you Sir