Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prevost Mira Loma

Default Prevost Mira Loma

Just pick up my bus from Prevost and it was 100% of what I expected. Repaced a couple of bay doors on the right side fom a little mishap. Just wanted to say thanks to Scott for all he did to get me rolling for our trip to South Dakota. Plus he is a fellow POG member. They had it ready as promised and I'm a happy camper

Scott did the work on my coach when I skinned it up a bit and the work was excellent. I always look for Scott when I go in there.

I also had a very good experience recently with Prevost Fort Worth. My dash air went out in that 107 degree heat. They took me right in, replaced the compressor and dryer and charged me $400 less than the estimate of $1200. I too was a happy camper!
    Richard and Audrey Barnes
    and Jessie Jane The Wonder Dog!
    1998 Liberty
    2008 Saturn VUE

My Blood Runs Deep Orange

Sid, glad to hear all turned out to your satisfaction. It' always nice when things go as expected!

Wondering, does the polish on the new metal match the old?

Have a nice trip!

JIM

Yes Jim i cannot tell the differance I'm very pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barnes View Post
    Scott did the work on my coach when I skinned it up a bit and the work was excellent. I always look for Scott when I go in there.

I also had a very good experience recently with Prevost Fort Worth. My dash air went out in that 107 degree heat. They took me right in, replaced the compressor and dryer and charged me $400 less than the estimate of $1200. I too was a happy camper!
    Richard it's always a good thing when it comes back less than the Quote. Hope you are enjoying your bus and safe travels.

I wonder, if after all the grief they have received for handing out bills for more then their original estimates (Fort Worth Prevost) that they got wise and are now over estimating so they can hand out final bills for less then their original estimates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick et al.....

Of late Prevost has been quoting $4400 to replace all air bags. To put this in perspective a set of air bags is $1100 to $1200, leaving $3200 for labor. From experience I can tell you to replace a set of air bags averages 10 hours.

I will quote you $4000 (a 10% savings) and then give you a bill for $3500. I will look like a hero when in fact I am reaping about $240 per hour for my efforts.

I would be much more impressed if the original quotes were fair.

The example above is typical. We have heard quotes on all sorts of work and they just seem out of line with the cost of parts plus labor, even at $100 per hour. I think if all prices were checked before getting a quote from Prevost, and then Prevost was shown what other shops charge they might get more reasonable.

If I bend some metal I will shop the repairs, including buying the parts from IBP, one of our sponsors.

And the overpricing certainly doesn't end with labor. I stopped at Prevost a couple weeks ago and picked up a couple of Stemco Axle Caps, cost each 77.85. Happened to be in a truck parts store one week later and inquired to the cost of the same there, quoted 37.69. Bought two and returned the others to Prevost. Oh ya the reason I was in the truck parts store was to pick up the fuel filters for the bus so I could change them out during an oil change. When I was at Prevost returning the Stemco Caps I asked about fuel filters to compare pricing to the truck parts place. They, Prevost showed different part numbers. So thinking the people at the truck place had sold me the wrong filters (them idiots) I bought the ones from Prevost. QUESS WHO WAS WRONG ABOUT THE PROPER FILTERS. OVAAAAY Yep Prevost !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jon, I have bought parts from IBP before but the problem was I couldn't find anybbody up here that would even look at when i said the word Prevost. Another big problem is I have 0 skills when it comes to doing this kind of repairs. Doing fix-it stuff on the conversion part no problem. I still get great support from Rick @ Thompson Coach even though they been closed for almost 2.5 years. They are some great friends that I made out in your country. As far as the bill at Mira Loma goes I will keep POG posted how I feel when I get it.

Pat, my brother had trouble with his bus and drove it from Omaha,NE to Dallas Prevost and was very impressed with how he got treated. I just thought I mention it but I'm sure he hasn't got his bill yet. He had to get some new air ride valves for 2001 Vantare. But then he can afford it since he belongs to the other club PP :-)

In the past, and maybe again to us Prevost was the gold standard.

When we bought our first coach Prevost was privately owned and two of the three owners drove Hoffman conversions and attended FMCA rallies and Prevost Proud pre-rallies. At that time Prevost treated its customers exactly how customers wanted to be treated, stood behind the product and went out of their way to do the work right the first time. The prices have long been forgotten, but the quality of the service back in the early 90's was so good that will never be forgotten.

I don't know when the shift was in attitude, but at some point Prevost lost the customer care attitude. I doubt if it was a sudden change. It just crept into being. I am glad to see good reports because it means we have choices, and one of the choices is Prevost.

Having said that, however I think POG members will do themselves a huge favor by shopping for repairs, not with Harvery's Bait Shop and Prevost Repair, but with the POG sponsors all of whom I have known and dealt with over the years in one way or another, and feel comfortable saying they will also treat you right and charge fair prices. And I think Rick Thompson is a special guy. I am amazed at his concepts and how right the logic is behind his coaches. I would like to see him restart the company.