Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BURNINGMAN!

Default BURNINGMAN!

Going to Burningman, anyone else going to Burningman hit me up!

John Grissinger
    816 506 6883

Hi John. The one thing you want to keep in mind, the desert flats have a talcom powder like dust which gets into everything. I would'nt take my Coach out to the site.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

OK...for my continuing education...... what is Burningman ?
    Hi John..... how are your repairs going ? Did you get a chance see drive by my RV storage ?
    AL
    2005 Marathon XLII

Thanks Gary, appreciate the advice! I know it will be a mess, I flew there one year and landed my plane on the dry lake bed for the event. I considered buying a Freightliner conversion RV, maybe more durable for off road, but all the ones I looked at were pretty cheaply built.

Sorry for the slow reply, I'm new to this and was checking my messsages for replies. Then today I looked myself up as a member and saw threads started. Is there an easier way to navigate back to your thread?

Thanks,

John

Hi Al,

Haven't checked out your storage yet, would like to when I get back from Burningman, leaving Sat. Sorry for the slow reply, I was checking messages, not going back to the thread.

Burningman is an event in a dry lake bed in the NV desert. Lakebed's about 5 mi wide and 250 mi long. It's put on by the participants, of which there are about 50k from all over the world for 1 week. Everyone from the founders of Google to every wack job on the planet will be there! I was there in '01, saw a fire breathing mechanical dinasaur someone built that walked across the lake bed at night shooting huge flames out of his mouth, a guy who dubs himself Dr. Megavolt stands on top of a box truck driving him around at night; Dr Megavolt's wearing a metal suit and holds his sword close to a huge Tesla Coil (like in Frankenstein) that electrifies and illuminates his suit makeing a crackling buzzing electrical sound, art cars that shoot flames, about 2,000 fire performers from New Zealand and a bunch of other interesting stuff. Costs 300. to get in, and you can't spend any money once you're in except on ice and coffee, so you have to be totally self sufficient. They have a 75' tall wooden man made out of big timbers; the last night they shoot the biggest fireworks display I've ever seen out of the man, which erupts into a fire and they burn him in effigy. The fire's so intense it sets up a mini weather system and creates big dust devils that swirl the smoke a couple hundred feet high. Sorry if that's too much info for a simple question.

John

Hi John,
    Go to Sturgis....rest up and then to Burminham sounds like full circle for me next year. Both places when you think you have seen everything. Have a safe trip.
    AL

JohnG are you taking your Prevost?
    GregM

Here is the web site for Burning Man.

http://www.burningman.com/
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Al, sounds Great! I'll call you when I get back and show some pictures.

Hi Greg,

Yes, I'm taking the Prevost. Leaving KC Sunday morning at 2 am.

John