Thread: Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta 2010

Default Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta 2010

We're going to the Balloon Fiesta for the first time this year (10/6 to 10/10) and look forward to meeting any fellow POGers that might be planning on attending. Our reservations are in the VIP section (although I don't know which specific area).

As an authorized AquaHot/Webasto tech, I will be bringing extra parts with me for the Wanderlodge owners attending - if any POG member would like me to bring parts or arrange service for them during the Fiesta, please PM me for details and the POG member discount.

Bruce

Bruce,

You are really going to enjoy the Albuquerque Balloon Festival. We attended a few years ago - it is really awesome.

If I might pass a little info on to you: The first year we were parked at an RV park about 10 miles from the festival so we had to wake up about 4AM and drive in HEAVY TRAFFIC to festival area. We walked around and watched as the participants unfolded, laid out the balloons, etc. Long story short, it was about 7 or 8 AM before they started taking off. My point is, save your self a lot of hassle and arrive at about 9 or 10 AM. You will get a chance to see many balloons take off at that time and you won't be fighting traffic and crowds.

The best situation of all is to reserve an RV site on the Festival grounds. I think that it is all dry camping, but whatever they charge it would be worth it IMO.

Good Luck,
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

I have been to the fiesta twice, once camping on site and once around 10 miles away. There is no comparison, park on site!

It is one of the best weeks if the weather cooperates.

Have a great time.

There is a couple of mornings where it's worth getting up before dawn.
    balloon-2703..jpg

balloon-2652..jpg

balloon-2777..jpg

balloon-2777..jpg

balloon-2658..jpg

balloon-2690..jpg

This is a ON THE LIST things to do.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MangoMike; 08-26-2010 at 09:09 AM.

Mike can you go up in any of those ballons? Or should I say are there vendors that will take you for a ride?

Sid,

Although we didn't try, I've heard it's possible. They're always looking for volunteers to help launch the balloons in exchange for a ride. I'm sure someone will check in w/ more concrete info.

Don't forget the camera - post some pixs.

Do This!

We are going to the Balloon Fiesta through October 5 (so we don't miss the POG rally) and are staying on the festival site. We have arranged a balloon ride with Rainbow Ryders who are the only concession to operate at the site. You can find them online. If you need any additional information, let me know and I can give you their phone number.

Its a great time, but very cold in the AM.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide