Thread: Thermopane insulated windows

Default Thermopane insulated windows

Folks,

When did Prevost go to theropane side windows? I know the early P-buses used windshield glass for side windows. These windows clearly weren't insulated. Did Prevost eventually use insulated side windows? If so, when? Thanks.

My 87 had thermopane side driver's area and front door windows, but if you are referring to the living area windows I believe the H had them from the start and now the XLII?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    My 87 had thermopane side driver's area and front door windows, but if you are referring to the living area windows I believe the H had them from the start and now the XLII?
    Jon,

Thanks. I appreciate the info. Anyone else know when the windows were first used on the XL series? Was it the XLII? What was the first year for the XLII?

I believe Prevost started offering the side windows around 93 for the large rectangular sliding window, sometimes seen in the bedroom, but I never saw one in the "normal" style windows until 95, after the 45ft shell came out. They were NOT available in split/opening windows, only in the full solid window without emergency egress. The XL2 was first delivered to converters in the summer of '99, but due to product development, didn't make it out for another 6 months to customers. It was VERY hush-hush, as not to obsolete the existing XL inventories in dealerships and sales lots. The first VIN for a normal production XL2 was Y-7046, with the exception of Y-7003 which was the slideout coach prototype unit, an XL2 double slide.

BenC,

I appreciate the information. Thanks.