Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Washington DC/ Virginia area

Default Washington DC/ Virginia area

Going to be in DC area next week, can anyone recommend a campground in the northern virginia area?
    Staying at Cherry Hill in Md. for a night.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

We've used Lake Fairfax Park in Fairfax near Reston, VA and Harpers Ferry KOA in WV. Liked Lake Fairfax the best. jjf

Granvil, I am trying to find a place in Maryland close to Easton where is Cherry hill?

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Gary, Cherry Hill is just outside the Capital Beltway on the NE side of DC. Easton, if I recall my 8th grade Maryland geography class, is on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. There may be some POGGERS that could "hook you up for a couple of days. They might even take you crabbing for blues! Send a PM to Miles Circo.

Will, Thank you for the info I got worried that I would lose out all around and made reservations at Holiday Inn. I know bummer but I have a display and table at the Vintiagers at Pintail Point, hard to get and could not risk losing it .

To my knowledge there are no CG's near Easton as I've tried to find one, even w/ Miles help. Bummer.

In No. Va. there is a KOA we stay at a lot in Fredericksburg which is about 45 minutes south of Alexandria.
    540 898-7252

MIke

Mike I have stayed at Holiday Park which is in Greensboro Maryland but to many trees for the H3. It is a ok place just don't want to scratch er up you know. Greensboro is 30miles from Pintail.

Just a note of information here. Ed and I just stayed on base at Ft. Meade, MD. It is half way between Baltimore and D.C. Exact location is Laurel, MD. The base campground is newly remodeled and very spacious for 45's and H's. Cement spaces with large patios. If you are a veteran and have proof... you can stay at military campgrounds. This CG was very busy and booked. Thank goodness we had made some reservations. $135.00 Total for 1 week full hookup.(Sorry no cable, yet). Very nice!!Cheaper than staying at a Prevost shop!! Ha!!had to say that.
    Sandy
    Last edited by CAPT MOGUL & Sandy; 08-23-2010 at 10:21 PM.
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

Sandy,

I am a Vet with a Veterans Card and have been told the campgrounds only allow retired and active personnel access. I would love to stay at the base campgrounds, but can't get access.

Sandy & Truk,

This is what the web site says for Ft Meade Fam Camp:

Authorized Users Active, National Guard, Reservists, Retired, 100% DAV. DoD Civilians.

Most Military Fam Camps have similar rules. I have not run into one yet that lets "Veterans" use the facility, that do not meet the above requirements.

There are a few that will allow a "Authorized User" sign in others. I did a rally once and signed in 20 other coaches. I had to sign away my life vouching for them all.