Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Washington DC/ Virginia area

That would be great if they let veterans in. Only place I know of that has "extended" the rules is the Round Pond camp, outside of West Point. Many parents of cadets stay there at various times, including graduation week.

Ray

I found a Lake Fairfax campground which looks to be close to DC, anybody stayed there? Also going to be in Richmond area if anybody has any recommendations.
    Last edited by grantracy; 08-25-2010 at 06:34 AM.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Granvil,

We have stayed at Lake Fairfax. It is ok. The location works good for us, our grandson is close to Lake Fairfax. It is very close to the DC Beltway and the Dulles Toll Road. It is electric only, there is a dump station and water available next to the rest rooms. There are not many choices in the DC area. It is a a little expensive for what you get. But nothing in the DC area is cheap.

Oops... I gave bad info (not meaning to). Ed is active Coast Guard Aux and I assumed we were allowed to stay there due to"Veteran" status. I do know that it was cheaper than my daughter and son-in-law sponsoring us to stay there.
    Sorry everyone!!1
    Sandy
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES