Default looking for coach

does any one for sale and where is the best finiance and ins
    thanks
    wayneo

Quote Originally Posted by wayneo View Post
    does any one for sale and where is the best finiance and ins
    thanks
    wayneo
    Wayne - tell us what you're looking for (age, features, converter, model, colors, floor plan, etc) and maybe someone can point you to some buses that will fit your criteria. there are buses for sale all over the place. BTW - welcome to POG! We will be more than happy to help you spend your money! Try looking at the current inventory of the POG sponsors who sell/broker buses. Several of them get rave reviews from the members here.

Financing is going to be between you and your local banker probably. For insurance, I've been happy with Explorer RV Insurance Agency http://www.explorerrv.com/ .

thanks mike i am looking for 1996 1997 depending on price my wife and i have been looking for awhile i do not know
    the style we like all but i am sure some are better than others that is why i need advice from experts such as you guys
    thanks
    wayneo

wayneo,

Maybe you are not aware of the sister site to this one, but it has a large selection of coaches to view.

http://www.prevost-stuff.com/

Click on "Coaches for sale" and start dreaming.

On the same page are links to all our sponsors. They also have coaches for sale.

If you can narrow down your search to a specific floor plan, 40 or 45 foot, a specific converter, XL or H3 then you will start to get a lot more feed back from owners of coaches that you are interested in. The search is part of the fun. Take your time and make sure you and your wife agree on the choice.

good luck.

Wayne,

You have it upside down. You have to decide what you are going to spend and that tells you what you are going to buy.

You can approach this in one of two ways. You can decide on getting the absolute best coach for the dollars you are going to spend, or you can decide to get the newest coach possible for the dollars you are going to spend.

The first option means you will opt for a coach that has been well maintained and its impeccable maintenance can be proven, not only by its flawless appearance and performance of all devices and systems, but supported by detailed records that are as impeccable as the coach. The second option means you seek to get the newest coach you possibly can for the money and accept that a coach lower than the market price for its age may have some issues. Your tolerance level for dealing with issues and your mechanical skills will likely determine which path you should choose.

You may get a sense you are overpaying for a pristine coach, and the other side of the coin is you may be overwhelmed with repair costs to put an underloved coach back in good shape. You and only you can decide where you want to be. There are coaches which reflect both ends of the spectrum out there.

The comment about best financing and insurance suggests strongly to me that you may not be aware Prevost ownership (any high end coach ownership) is not for the faint of heart. Any carelessness in taking care of batteries for example and you could be spending 2 or three times what your insurance premiums might be. A set of tires can easily make $5000 disappear. And those are just the known routine expenses.

I would urge you hold back a large sum from your purchase budget, perhaps $5000 or $10000 to cover any hidden or surprise expenses. If you do in fact buy a well maintained coach that needs nothing, use that money to pay down the debt, but if your coach surprises you with some needed repair you will have the resources.

All too often we see new owners who did not do a detailed purchase inspection (and even some who did) get a surprise. It is not that the seller was misrepresenting the coach, but that Prevost conversions have a lot of systems and devices and items that need preventive maintenance and at any time any one of us can face the need to spend some money. It is not uncommon for a coach of the vintage you stated needing an AC unit, or air bags, or even a new refrigerator. Still other owners find they just cannot live with the carpet, or the fabrics and feel compelled to change them at a not so small expense.

We are all biased here. We all have opinions on what body style is best (XL or H3), what converter is best, and we are not shy about expressing our opinions. But the body style and the converter are going to be decided by you based on how you use your coach and what items are important to you. Read the threads here on POG. You will see strong opinions on features and options rangine from roof airs to Cruise Airs to over the road AC systems. You will see opinions on solid axles versus independent front suspensions. You will find owners that prefer an open bath to those that want private toilets. How about an 8V92 or a Series 60? Are long range fuel tanks important? Do you need to have two sofas, or is it critical to have a single sofa and one or two chairs? A dinette or a table and chairs? Is the length important?

Once you decide how you use the coach, and start narrowing down how it should be set up for your purposes then the converter or style of coach will start to become known to you.

Whatever you decide do yourself a favor and try to not place a lot of emphasis on colors and decor. They are somewhat important because you have to look at them, but nothing is worse than having a coach that is layed out all wrong or does not have the systems you need, or is a piece of junk but looks pretty.

Have I confused you. I'll make it simple. Buy a Liberty.(If I didn't say that everyone would be disappointed.)

BTW, welcome to the asylum where we will always answer your questions, and on rare occasion may even give you the correct answer.

Wayne

Pay attention to Jon.

We love our Angola but had to put all new furniture and much more into it.

We bought the layout we wanted but did not have a pre purchase inspection and had a $4,500 bill the first week.

We moved from a series of Vogue coaches and couldn't be happier.

Happy voyage into the world of Prevost.

Wayne, I second the motion on the Liberty!

Wayne, If you are not in a big hurry to buy and could attend the POG Rally in Kerrville, TX six weeks from now, you would be a much better informed purchaser. There will also be about 60+ privately-owned Prevosts there plus some from dealers and converters.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

i can tell i already like you guys i like jons info but does anyone perfer royal over liberty hey guys i am new to all this but will be meeting you soon i hope at a rally
    with my coach you hear so much crap from salesmen you do not know what to believe that is why i join the band of brothers!!! please advise????
    THANKS
    WAYNEO

Hi Wayneo. There are many POG owners with Royale Coach. Nothing wrong with any of the converters really. It's all about what you like. they're all different in many ways and the same in other ways.
    You can't really make a decision without seeing a lot of coaches I feel. Enjoy the journey.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide