Thread: Foged front widows

Default Foged front widows

Just checked the bus after a month in a hot dry storage building the small fogged windows have lost all signs of moisture. Is there a way to repair/reseal or is replacement the only option?

Woody,

You have multiple choices. If the glass you have has not been "etched" by the fogging, they can be removed, disassembled, cleaned and reassembled with a new seal.

Or, you can order glass from Prevost and have someone install it. That might be a little pricey because Prevost is proud of their side window glass and how it fogs on all of our coaches.

Or as a complete departure you can replace the thermopane glass with a single thickness, heavier glass made locally.

I'm driving with fogged glass because over 20 years I have dealt with this issue and it pisses me off that Prevost still cannot make a bus window that doesn't fog. At some point I will get a local shop to remake the thermopane side windows and I will replace them. I just hate dealing with sikaflex and the gooey mess it makes.

Jon

I flipped the coin and I'll know what I'm going to do if I can find it.

Woody - I had my fogged driver's side slider window "repaired" by Suncoast Designers back in the spring of 2009. They did a fantastic job with their process and the window remains perfectly clear today! i don't remember exactly what I paid, but do recall that it was very reasonable. We had our local shop remove the window, send it to Suncoast, and then reinstall it upon return. i could not be happier!

www.suncoastdesigners.com

Here's a link to an earlier thread on this topic: http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...=fogged+window
    Last edited by michaeldterry; 08-18-2010 at 05:05 PM.

FYI, a friend had his door window replaced at Marathon in Beaumont in March they charged him $1000. He asked me to check with Prevost as to what they are getting for just the window and it's $330. Quite a mark up or install charge I'd say...............................