Thread: 2010 Fat Beagle Bash

Default 2010 Fat Beagle Bash

It is that time of year again for the 2010 Fat Beagle Bash. The fourth annual Bash will be held over the Labor Day weekend at Buckhorn Lake Resort in Kerrville. So far we have about 10 campers attending. Below is the schedule of festivities.

Friday: arrive - we will be in space 6095 and should arrive by 5 pm. Feel free to stop by when you get in. There will likely be a group sitting around discussing all the important world events and bus stuff.
    Friday night: A group of us will head into Kerrville around 6 - 6:30 pm for a casual dinner at one of Kerrville's fine dining establishments.

Saturday morning: Breakfast at the Barn 8am to 9:30am
    Saturday - Buckhorn Bus to Bandera (if you want to visit Bandera) - leaves Buckhorn at 9:30 am returns to Buckhorn at 3 pm (will also go on Sunday)
    Saturday afternoon around 4ish: Happy Hour - we will provide the frozen Beagleritas, chips and dips. Bring a chair and your favorite other libation. We are going to do fewer appetizers this year so that we will actually feel like eating dinner.
    Saturday night: Grill Out - Bring your preferred type of meat (steak, pork, chicken) and we will grill it on the Buckhorn grill located next to the Barn. I need some volunteers to bring some salads, side dishes and desserts.

Sunday morning 8 - 9 am - Breakfast - by the Fat Beagle Cooking Team
    Sunday - a chance to see some of the sights around Kerrville
    Sunday afternoon around 4ish- Happy Hour - Beagleritas part two
    Sunday night - 5 to 7 pm - Buckhorn BBQ at the Barn
    Sunday night - 8 pm - Ice Cream Social at the Barn
    Sunday night - dusk - fireworks weather permitting

All of the meals at the Barn with the exception of Saturday night are provided by Buckhorn. You will need to tell them when you check in if you plan to join them and pay at that time. I think breakfast is a pay at the door affair.

Please call Buckhorn Lake Resort at 800.568.6458 to reserve a campsite.

If you are interested in joining us for dinner on Friday night, please let me know. Additionally if you are willing to bring a dessert or side dish for Saturday dinner please let me know.

Remember that this is an open invitation event (no bus required). Feel free to pass this on to friends and invite other campers to join us.

This is a good warm up for the October POG rally.
    Last edited by Loc; 08-17-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Loc,
    We would be honored to join the folks for dinner on Friday. We (Sherry) would also be pleased to provide a side dish for Saturday's dinner, or at least I believe I can cajole her into it, if not I'll buy something to bring. Now I have to ask - you are going to be there, right?

I knew that was coming - thanks Patrick. I figured that it would be an early shot across the bow. With it being a weekend and a holiday, I am pretty sure that I will make it.

Loc,

We will be there and will most likely joining you for the Friday night dinner. Actually we will be getting to Buckhorn this Saturday or Sunday. If you need anything taken care of ahead of time, we can try to help out.
    Last edited by ajducote; 08-17-2010 at 07:58 PM.

Loc, Peggy, her mom Joan from Marietta, Ohio and I will be there for the Beagle Bash.

Pegs mom is flying down for a week and she loves to ride in the coach and meet new people so we thought this would be a great time to bring her down. ( don't anyone tell her mom any of my secrets ) OK !

We will bring a side dish or two,for Saturday nights meal, so let me konw what you need when the time gets closer.

Gary S.

Gary,

Please send me Joan's last name so I can make her an appropriate name tag.

Loc

We are in and have been looking forward to this all summer. We have a couple of friends that are renting one of the cabins that will be joining the event. Their names are Rick and Kristy Waldraff. We will also have a side and a dessert.......Will also have beaglerita machine #2 available if needed.................Limeade assist?
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Pictures please! It sounds like you guys had a great time. I spoke with Reagan today who was raving about Beagleritas.