Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advanced Search

Default Advanced Search

Since some have issues with Advanced Search, I thought it best to get the topic over here.

Skiffer - Advanced Search works fine for me, but seems like a few are having problems.

Any ideas?

Tom,
    With Windows Vista and XP, I've had some issues with the Mozilla and Avant browsers not displaying some options correctly on other web sites. Perhaps using a current release of Microsoft Internet Explorer would solve the problems with the Advanced Search.

I think there is a disconnect between "works for me", and "provides useful results". My experience is that it works, but it is nearly impossible to come up with search criteria that provide meaningful results. This is NOT a browser issue, but a function of how the vBulletin does it's searching.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Davis View Post
    I think there is a disconnect between "works for me", and "provides useful results". My experience is that it works, but it is nearly impossible to come up with search criteria that provide meaningful results. This is NOT a browser issue, but a function of how the vBulletin does it's searching.

Ray
    I agree with Ray, it works, but is kinda worthless!

JIM

Here is a perfect example. I have decided I wanted to install the 24v Guest Charger that many people have mentioned here in the forums. So I go to advanced search. I would like to search for both words (guest and charger) being in the same post. In older versions of vbulletin you could specify "guest AND charger", and this would work.

No matter what combination of normal search type syntax I tried, every post that came up had one or the other words, but not necessarily both.

For example, tried:

guest charger
    guest AND charger
    guest + charger
    guest +charger
    "guest charger"

Bottom line, I got a ton of posts with charger, but it didn't drill down to be specific enough to be helpful. Unfortunately, the word "guest" is used all over the place, as is charger.

That's what I mean when it returns less than useful results.

Ray

The search feature of our web site is no good.

Ray, here is one of the posts your looking for. I kept it foe the wiring diagram. http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...ead.php?t=3663

Ray, your the computer expert, but I keyed in guest charger and got 26 posts with about as much guest charger information as I could stand.

I don't get it.. What do you want it to do?

Hi Ray. I put a Guest charger on my batterries and it works great. Call me for info.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Just my experience, but without doubt, every time i have tried to search a specific topic I get all kinds of threads that have nothing to do with what i am searching for. I am not beyond operator error, but I have found the search function mostly worthless.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4