Thread: Zip Dee Lateral Arm Awnings with mind of its own!

Default Zip Dee Lateral Arm Awnings with mind of its own!

Good morning everyone,

This problem started around three days ago for no reason I can find. I have two Zip Dee Century Automatic Lateral Arm Awnings. Three days ago while stopping at rest area for a short break the rear awning came out and went in by itself twice. Lucky no one parked next to us or otherwise could have caused real problem. Solved problem for the short run by throwing circuit breaker (these are 110 volt awnings) and finished trip.

At campground I reset breaker and everything good for three days. At that point thought problem was someone using remote that caused awning to work while in rest area.

Well, last night at 1 AM same thing starts to happen. I again threw circuit breaker for the night. This AM went over all the wiring in the controller, no thing appears wrong. Took apart the remote thinking something hitting contact, but that too is normal.

Any ideas? Right now just have circuit breaker off, so no danger, but no awnings either.

Thanks

Kim,

http://www.zipdeeinc.com/

Phone Toll Free 800-338-BEST (2378)

In Illinois, 847-437-0980

Email: info@zipdeeinc.com

Alek

thanks Alek, I am planning to call them this AM.

PROBLEM SOLVED!! I took apart the actual controller. Found a wire that was loose from the connection (not off but loose enough to cross with slight movement). Reattached wire and all is well.

We have a problem!! Tailgating in Stillwater, OK and our awning will not retract--passenger side rear awning. sounds like motor is trying to run but this one won't go in. Help! It is a New Century Zip Dee. we do not have the Manuel for troubleshooting in our box of books. any ideas would be helpful. Thanks--

Carla

Mission accomplished. Used a 1/4in hex drive on top of bus after removing a dust cap. Will try to obtain a manual from Zip Dee. On the road again.
    Carla