Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow... we're new to Prevost and this is sooo awesome !!

Diane,

Glad to see you on POG. It is a great organization, and you will learn a great deal about your new Prevost. Congratulations and Karen and I are looking forward to seeing you and Larry in Kerrville.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Ditto Loc's Post. In most cases that I have had work done at Birdland, if Michael does the work it is very good....though it seldom happens. My experience has been whatever the estimate happens to be.....you can almost double the price. Example, a $650.00 estimate on rebuilding my Aqua Hot turned out to be $1,300.00 when asked why? answer oh!,that was for parts...not labor. And that is not the only example. I think the main reason there are a lot of Prevost outside is the FT. Worth Prevost branch is 275 miles away, at least in my case.

Also, welcome to the Prevost crowd, look forward to meeting you.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Congrats on your new purchase and it is nice to have a new member of the Tex-Pog contention.

Don't know anything about Birdland, but, Loc monster set me up for some work with one of his buddies at Stewart and Stevenson in E. Houston. They cured a problem for me that Prevost had been unable to figure out hands on, and for which Marathon had no good answers by phone. I definitely recommend those guys for chassis work based on my experience. They even gave me the normal truck rate rather than the higher motorhome rate.

parksincpp Guest

Just wanted to say welcome and look foward to meeting you.

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Diane and Larry,

Welcome to POG. You will have fun with this group. The group will have fun with you too. This has been the most fun group of people I have ever been blessed to be part of. Enjoy!

Dianne, I second the caution on Birdland. I returned from a function just today where a fellow member had some $7000 in work done and the coach was basically untouched.
    Beware. Loc and I have experience in the Houston / Dallas market. It will not be Birdland from my view.
    Reagan
    Pres
    Last edited by Reagan Sirmons; 08-15-2010 at 09:09 PM.

wecome to pog call rick or ben we will walk you thru your problems,813-833-2284 , you have a breaker kicked on your inv.call soon.rick

Jon,
    Thankyou so much for that "valuable" info. Being new to Prevost is an experience in itself. Luckily we only had our batteries checked there and as we suspected they need to be replaced soon. We were on our way out of town for a week and are still not back home yet. We have friends in Dallas who own a commercial battery company and they say we should use Deka AGM batteries which they can get for us... any insight on that ? we don't want to make a mistake !!
    Again thanks for your input we really do appreciate it.
    Diane
    Last edited by Seabyrd; 08-21-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Thankyou so much Loc, you have the coach I dreamed about owning a few years back, (too rich for our blood at that time) we looked at it at Buddy Greggs in Dallas, at that time it belonged to a guy in Sugarland, we LOVE your coach, would still love to own it !!
    Thanks for the Birdland insight. I will have Larry give you a call. We will be at the rally in October and look forward to meeting you.
    Again thanks..Diane
    Last edited by Seabyrd; 08-21-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.

Tuga,
    Yes thanks.. I have already learned so much, a wealth of knowledge here, Larry and I are looking forward to meeting you and Karen also, see you in Kerrville.
    Diane
    Last edited by Seabyrd; 08-21-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.