Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Default Tire Pressure Monitoring System

I have a Doran Tire Pressure Monitoring system that I used on my last motorhome and I would like to use it on the Marathon.

Has anyone ever used a Doran system on their coach and if so, how did it work? Did you need the antenna extension?

I also noticed that the sensor will not fit on the outside dual. The outside dual valve stems faces into the wheel hole which is too small for the sensor. Can I just rotate this stem around to face out?

Thanks,
    Killeen

Looks like Doran is not the people's choice. What is everyone else using?

Thanks,
    Killeen

Killeen,

I have a Doran system. I do need the antenna extension. I have had my share of issues with it. I have Equal in my tires and do not have the correct valve stems, the ones with screens in them. So I ended up removing all the sensors from the bus tires due to constant false alarms. When I get new tires in the near future I wil get the correct valve stems or use Centramatic balancers. The sensors do work on my tow car just fine.

irh
    I have turned the outside dual valve stem so it is accessable for my sensors . if this is wrong someone speak up.
    GregM

I think that the Doran is the same as the Pressure Pro,I have it on my coach,toad and a trailer,I would not leave home without it.I have found that the repeater is necessary for the rear tires and toad/trailer.

We have the Doran TPMS, but get fairly frequent sensor "dropouts" (losing signal to one of the sensors - not always the same one). I guess that means that I need to go back and add the repeater to strengthen the signal. Other than that, we've had no issues with the Doran system.

dreamchasers Guest

I am another Pressure Pro user. Also, I have turned my tire valve stems like GMC Buffalo on the outside rear duals to accommodate access to the tire valve stem and sensor. I have a Doran repeater mounted in the rear closet, which has eliminated all false alarms.

I also use the Silverleaf system which reads the tire pressure also.

I used the system on a previous coach and reinstalled it on this bus.

I'll bet if you do a search on "pressure pro" on this forum you will see plenty of comments on this device.

I like it!

H

Killeen, I really like my Doran system. It took me a little while to get it all monitoring correctly, but just love the piece of mind that all my tires are being monitored.

I had to add the Remote Signal Booster and that solved most of my issues. It plugs into 110v, and I was able to put it under the bed.

I did have to have a number of wheel sensors replaced ( defective new sensors ) before all sensors would register, but I just called Doran and they sent me new units. NOW all 12 wheels are monitored and LIFE IS GOOD.

I would not turn the valve stems on the wheels, a sure way to get a leak. Wait till you need the tire serviced to have them properly orientated for valve sensors to be put on. Just my opinion.

Gary S.

I personally like the smart tire system, sensors last five years or more no false readings, a little more cost to install and purchase but well worth it

Any opinions or complaints on the "Hopkins" tire pressure monitoring system?

www.nvisionsafety.com/tpms