Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New, have questions...

I have learned with the TT to adjust it for the typical surface. On mine that means the receiver knob is set around 11:00 O'Clock. With every pothole or bridge expansion joint I get a very quiet little chirp and I am anticipating that now. It is not intrusive and is a constant reminder to me the device is doing its job.

When we hit a long stretch of rough(er) road and the chirping becomes louder and more insistent I can adjust the control knob a little higher, but I have to remember to dial it back when the road smooths out. I actually hope to never find out if the TT works, but I do know that if the H2 is vibrating such as on a lousy road or presumably due to a failed tire the TT will let you know. The real strength of the TT is its simplicity. Plug the sending unit into the 12V socket on the toad and stick the sender to the windshield using the suction cups. It senses when it is level and the light turns green.

The receiver on my coach is attached to the driver's side window so it can easily receive the signal, and is plugged into 12V. I can adjust the know easily. The lights have multiple purposes, including telling you the sender has lost power or the sender has fallen from the windshield. It doesn't get any simpler.

parksincpp Guest

Welcome Bill & Jan. We have the same year make and model only our conversion was by Vogue. Looking foward to meeting you someday. We were in Durango just last week for a week. You have a beautiful state from the corner we saw it from.

Thanks for all the helpful tips. Would love to meet you all!! We are still in the "overwhelmed stage". Last night we were running the generator and after about one hour the lights began to blink, went out, then came back on. This happened 3-4 times. Not all the lights just the front room or the bedroom. Added that to the list.

We are in the opposite corner of the state from Durango. A completely different view, but still beautiful!!

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Rodger,

Don't feel bad. On my trip to San Diego in 2008 we stopped at a campground in Phoenix for an overnight. We left from OKC that morning. My usual routine when I get to the campground office is for Carole to go in and register while I unhitch the toad and get the transfer case shifted out of neutral. That involves setting the hand brake and moving the ignition key from its first unlocked off position. Well registration went too fast, Carole came out and told me we had a pull through big enough to pull the toad straight in. OK, now what I forgot was to put my mind in gear. Yes, I got back in the coach, yes a Prevost will drag a 5,800 pound toad around a campground without breaking a sweat, and yes that will ruin the rear tires by flat spotting them and make the front tires really funny feeling when driven "normally." Cost two new Michelins in Phoenix and two new ones backl home in Southern Pines. Now I do not stop unhooking for any reason. Period!

I'm also surprised The King of Bling has not chipped in with his advice. If you want to make sure your fuel tank is full, fill it up AFTER eating lunch at a truck stop, not BEFORE the meal. I think Roger holds the record for shortest distance driven on a "full" tank of fuel! I can't explain why he would want to eat anything at a truck stop cafe unless it was in his bucket list. I think he also said something about using his Mini toad to push the dead Prevost up a rest area ramp. I have not seen the video so I'm not believing that yet.

One other piece of advice. Carry a replacement set of fuel filters with you at all times. If you feel the motor is losing power (check your turbo boost guage) then find a place to change the filters out. That usually resolves the problem.

Oh yes, welcome to POG Bill and Jan. Take in a rally real soon, Kerrville TX comes to mind as maybe being closer to you guys that us East Coasters. Its always a lot of fun and you may actually learn something. Of course, being farmers, I'm sure you have no fear of the sheep. Sometimes they can be found in the early morning hours at a POG rally!
    Last edited by Will Garner; 08-14-2010 at 09:09 PM.