Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rescue Tape to the Rescue

Time to 'fess up. Several months ago I started looking to upgrade and finally settled on a 2003 XLII Single Slide Royale. I have had the bus about a month and am thoroughly enjoying it. I vowed that I would never have a slide coach again after a less than enjoyable experience I had with a Foretravel single slide. So I learned - again - never say never. I am very satisfied with the Prevost slide and it is very quiet driving down the road. I have to admit that I like the extra room it gives. We were at a wedding in Eastern Pennasylvania this past weekend and had several people in the bus and were not crowded.

I bought the bus from Panterra Coach, one of POG sponsors, and was very happy with their service. They did exactly what they said they were going to and more. I would highly recommend them for service and for purchasing a bus from.
    Last edited by Denny; 08-10-2010 at 01:32 PM.

Congrats on the new bus. Sounds like it is working out perfectly for you!

Congratulations on the new coach Denny.

I have not been a fan of slides, but after Roger, Jim Keller and I worked on the seal replacement for Roger's CC I am no longer concerned about Prevost slides being a major maintenance issue and I don't think you should be concerned. What I saw was a robust design that has some complexity, but is likely to provide very good service. I think the only ongoing cost of slides is the replacement of the seal when it fails, and based on our experience an owner and one other person can do it in a day.

Enjoy your new coach.

Congratulations Denny. Where is your Country Coach ? Someone will be a lucky owner to have that Bus. It was very nice inside and out !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Denny and Ruth Ann:

Congratulations on your new coach. I can see you grinning from here. You will enjoy the slide- - no doubt about it.

When are we gonna see pics?

Slides forever!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Congrats Denny. We are looking forward to seeing you and the bus in Kerrville.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Interesting - bought a role of rescue tape while showing an Alden 35 Ketch at our great show and the gal said hydraulic leaks were possible repairs if you first wrap with aluminum tape. Bought a role of the clear tape and hope I never need it - $10