Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Water and Holding Tanks

lewpopp Guest

I only kept the scouts for 2 and 3 years. I would get better service out of CJ Jeeps. I tried a Ford Bronco for a couple years and went bak to Jeeps. We could pull the clutches faster because we had more experience with Jeeps and a friend was the Jeep dealer.

Ben Guest

I can't believe so many convertors are doing separate black and gray tanks. That is mainly to conform to RVIA or something like it. A single tank allows you the choice to dump your gray water overboard (which I do 99% of the time) and then turn your combo tank (ala Liberty) into a huge black tank, which allows me to be free of hookups for 9-14 days. I wish a could go longer, but I can't imagine living with seperate tanks... I simple don't get the logic.

If you have separate tanks, you can still dump your gray water. When the black tank gets full it will flow into the gray tank, at which point you want to stop dumping gray.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Hickox, our converter built ours WRONG.

We have a 1 waste tank the exact same size as the fresh.

They obviously didnt consider TDF
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 11-05-2006 at 10:39 AM.

Ben Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg
    If you have separate tanks, you can still dump your gray water. When the black tank gets full it will flow into the gray tank, at which point you want to stop dumping gray.

The problem with that idea is that the gray water dump pipe is usually much smaller than the black, which has the potential of causing clogging problems. I'd hate to stop by my converter for work and have to explain to them why I allowed my gray tank to fill with black water and to figure out exactly how they were going to get the clogged contents out of the tank.

dalej Guest

Ben I would really like to get that towel holder for my coach, can you put it in the stuff for sale? or would it be easier to tell me where to get one, or where to put one! also the soap and the faucet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dalej; 11-04-2006 at 08:12 PM.

Ben Guest

That is a shot of a Marathon. I don't know the sources for any of the stuff since it's not my coach.

The faucet looks like a standard ones that are used in commercial kitchens and are placed above the stove so they can fill large soup pots.

You might want to consider contacting Marathon to figure things out. I think they also sometimes have a dispensor for disposable rubber gloves.

lewpopp Guest

Dale

I have the same setup of faucet and towel dispenser as Ben's picture.

When I first saw the picture I wondered if Ben's Liberty had the same set up as mine and now I know he was sneaking around a Marathon

I know the faucet is a Chicago Faucet. I think there is (was) a company out there who makes them. I would guess that the converters still install them cuz they're neat.

I you really are desparate for those parts, I would be very happy to take mine off (they are in perfect shape) and the $$$ I raise from the sale will help fund a newer coach. You must pay me in Lewbucks only. That's all the converters want these days.

I would be afraid to peddle my coach because I have had and am having very good luck with it.

Lew

Hi Dale. I know my Plumbing supply store sales these items. Try a Plumbing supply store which sales Sinks, tubs, medicine cabs, etc. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Gee Ben, I thought your Liberty looked exactly like my Marathon for a minute!

Hey Jon, how can the black tank back up into the grey tank when there are two knife valves separating the two?