Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Water and Holding Tanks

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Default Water and Holding Tanks

We have no information as to the size of our tanks. There are two identical tanks, staggered in the rear bay and I havent been able to find any information either on the tanks or in the books.

Does anybody know the formula to figure how much a square tank holds?

Or-How many cubic inches does a gallon of water displace?

Joe,

231 cubic inches = 1 gallon.

Get 'em.

Mango

Joe, Don't forget to measure the height the water or waste will reach and not the height of the tank.

Whatever number you calculate it to be it will never be enough.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

How true LOL

lewpopp Guest

And try not to lick your fingers. Jerry did and that's why he acts the way he does.

Are Mango Mike and Jerry still going steady? Have they advanced to kissing yet?

Remember...No PDA at POG meets.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Outdoor World here we come. If you-all dont decide to take POGIII to Lews local it would be a HUGE disservice to those of us who havent met him yet!

Default Holding tanks

Does Prevost or the converter determine the size of the water & waste water tanks?

Do most Prevosts have one tank for gray & one tank for black water, or one tank for both?

Is the waste water tank 5 gallons larger to prevent the possibility of overflows?

I like the one tank for both gray & black (with a by-pass valve to re-route the gray water).
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I think Prevo kinda decides by the size of the bay, the converter puts as BIG a set as can fit. Ours measured out to be 120 or 125 Gal. We dont have a seperate gray tank, first motorhome we had without. Accept for flushing the hose after dumping, it really hasent affected much.

We also do not have a gray water by-pass. I am curious as to the correct use of this option. This is convienent if boon-docking but in a campground with sewer hook-up, and an electric dump switch I cant see a huge advantage? Am I overlooking something?

Dear Newell owner:

Prevost has nothing to do with the holding tanks on motor home conversions. Their responsibility ends with the shell the converter uses to convert.

The converter undoubtedly sizes the tanks according to the following, a.) available space in the bay, b.) how much screaming the owners do about the lack of water or holding capacity.

I can't begin to answer the question about two separate waste tanks. On our first coach black and gray were separated, even down to having two separate connections for the sewer hoses. I usually would drain the black water, and then flush the hose by reconnecting the hose and draining the gray water. Kind of a pain, but it worked. Now both go into one tank, but with a gray water bypass.

I like the concept of additional waste capacity, but as you have learned by hanging with this group special efforts are made to make the tanks overflow. We even know of one POGGER who intentionally used his tank to sham-poo (was that a bad pun or what?) his carpets.

Signed,

Ann Landers and Dear Abby

win42 Guest

Be careful Jon. What goes around comes around. Dump switch? Us po folk have to put on our Harbor Freight blue rubber gloves and actually go outside and hook up the icky hose, open the black tank valve, then close it and open up the grey water valve to help flush out the heavies. Close the GW valve, disconnect the icky hose, make sure no one is watching and flush out the hose with clear water before depositing it into it's proper storage place.

The PP's only have to call park assistance and their little plastic bags are removed. Thats how come their stuff does'nt stink it comes out in little plastic bags.
    h
    Last edited by win42; 10-22-2006 at 11:26 AM.