Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Dreaded Topic

For those who are into punishment (like Mango) here are some things I figured out in my quest to eliminate the leans.

The problem with leans in the rear could be with a valve in the front. Do not rule out any valve.

Eliminate the hoses, airbags and hose fittings before you start messing with valves. Soapy water and your ears are the only tools needed for this phase of the repair.

You can replace entire valves, but Norgren valves are easily tested and rebuilt. If you go to a Norgren distributor you can buy the internal parts real cheap compared to buying a whole valve. I used to replace the entire valve until I ran out of money.

You can create a simple testing device with some tubing and a few brass fittings and valves from Lowes or Home Depot. All you have to do is remove the valve from the bus, and air into either end of the valve does the "switching" and then you just have to insure the valve seals when it is supposed to on the other ports. The schematic is on the valve and there are about a billion different variations on our coaches so you may have as many as two inlets and several air outlets.

You can test and rebuild the valves without removing them from the coach simply by removing the hoses going to them and/or removing an end cap. It is easier to remove the valve most of the time.

Curing the leans is something you should do when you want to get your mind off of everything else in life. If you need to concentrate on your business or solving the world's problems let the repairs wait or turn your bus and your bank accounts over to someone else. This is a project that will drive you nuts, but when you have solved the problem nothing else on the bus will be a challenge.

lewpopp Guest

I guess I would be game for a trip to Canada this summer but not by air. We'll all need passports, won't we?