Hello to all,
I just joined POG because my wife and I are interested in buying a pre-owned motor coach and have interest in a Prevost. Needless to say it is confusing to select what one believes to be a quality coach and one that will provide reliable service at a reasonable cost. With regard to a Prevost, I have the following questions that I hope POG members might answer and provide some much needed, appreciated help.

I have found several coaches with rebuilt engines - some with as few miles as 88,000. Is this common for a DD engine and what is the average life (in miles) of a DD engine assuming it has been properly maintained?

How much importance should be placed on mileage when considering a coach?

Where does one find "book values" for the Prevost? NADA does not provide such.

Aside from price, what are the most important factors to consider in evaluating and buying a pre-owned coach? Should one insist on a PDI? Most common problems occurring on a Prevost?

I know ownership costs can vary widely, but on average what can one expect annual maintenance costs to be?

Since I have never driven a motor coach but have towed travel trailers for some 40 years, where can one find help to learn to drive a behemoth safely? Must dealers have offered helping us out the gate!

Which is best, dealing with a dealer or individual?

Many thanks for all the help provided.

Woodscrapper
]