Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need some help

Cool I need some help

I am just about to close the deal on my new bus. It's what i been looking for and can't wait.
    Need POG help on what the best satellite system, in motion, to get and what the best tow car that docent need to disconcerting everything just to tow. I do not want to have to stop and run the car thought the gears to avoid any trouble. When i close next week i will post a picture on my profile with a big smile.
    I can.t wait to play with my lady, liberty lady that is.

George,

I have had real good luck towing 4 wheel drive Jeeps. Most of them can be towed by placing the transfer case in neutral. BUT, check the owners manual, there is at least 1 model of the transfer case that does not allow towing 4 down.

I have towed 2 different Wranglers, a Cherokee and a Commander. They all tow great.

Hi George. Motorhome magazine publishes a booklet every year on Dingy towing. All the cars that can be towed. http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/output.cfm?id=2456173
    I have the KVH satelite with two tuners. Works fine.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Thanks Andre
    I am look at a jeep on the internet now. The 2010 need to have the battery disconnected before you tow to save the battery. What a hassle. I my get one and have a battery disconnect install Any suggestion on dish?

Thanks Gary will look into that

George,

Read this thread. I hae a 2010 4 door Wrangler and the owners manual was wrong about the battery disconnect and the key. Details in this thread.

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...866&highlight=

George, I have towed the 1998 Grand Cherokee and presently the 2005 Grand Cherokee. The Jeeps are easy to set up for towing and there isn't any of the running the engine after 200-500 miles. I currently have the KVH in motion satellite for Direct TV, but when it craps out I'll get the TracStar 360. In my opinion the TracStar is the best in motion dome on the market.

Jeff Bayley Guest

George- I see we are neighbors. I live in Bradenton. I guess I'll be the first to put my plug in on the satellite. After just having a new system put on my bus, I will say that I'm now a firm believer in picking out the right technician first, and then he will help you pick the right system for what your budget is and what you need. Someone with sloppy inventory is going to sell you what they have on hand. The quality of the cable runs and the connectors and all sorts of things you'd never know the difference on with any number of techs that will put something on the roof that works. Rather than recount it, you can just read what I wrote here: http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...ght=#post65911

He's in TN and that's 700 miles from you but that's a good break in run for your bus and to get out of the hottest part of summer also. We're up bumping around the midwest trying to skip as much of the heat as we can. I'm going back to Gary to get a system installed to amp up my cellular service on the bus and also amp up my wireless internet cards. Less money than I thought which is a nice change. So I know Gary is only in TN (in the shot term schedule at least) from Sept. 28th - August 12th and after that he's on the road doing mobile installations nationwide and RV shows,etc. Good luck and maybe we can meet in Florida.

Thanks jeff for the input. Please, when you get home get a hold of me and let talk. I will take you advise on the install and would love to talk. If there is anything you need done here at home just let me know i will be more then glad to do so. Happy trails By the way love your photo, no not scar face

sticks Guest

I much prefer KVH and have two receivers. WAY better than my previous Kingdome system. My Kingdome could get 4+ befuddled just backing out of the bus barn or worse yet, sitting at a truck stop island fueling up. I've pulled jeep wranglers ( my current choice ) and jeep Cherokees, and Commanders without a problem. Jeeps , by far, are the most common toad on the roads.