Thread: I couldn't be this dumb

Default I couldn't be this dumb

As some of you know I've been having issues with my Allen Bradley system. I've worn a gold Rolex watch for 20 plus years. While preparing to meet with the technician who charges up to $250 per hour I thought " maybe I should take off this watch so as not to look to prosperous". It was early in the morning so in a few seconds my head cleared and I thought " I'm parking my Jaguar XK8 in front of my Prevost bus and I'm thinking not wearing a watch is going to fool this guy?" As Bill Engvall would say "here's your sign". I put the watch back on but I haven't seen the bill yet. jjf

sticks Guest

hide your XK8 and put on a monk's robe and see if that works better next time.

Jeff Bayley Guest

John- Tip. And your post has made me think of this idea to do myself. Go online and buy yourself a couple of knock off Rolex's. Not for you, for the guy making up the bill. Get the stainless steel knock offs. A dicerning eye can tell fake gold. But stainless knock offs go a lot further. Try to get the ones with the swept hand. You know the difference. Then (and I've never done tihs but it sounds like a good idea if your getting overcharged), go ahead and flash your Presidential Gold Rolex and tell the guy that you need to get rid of that old stainless model that's in your way and you can do better on it with claiming it stolen on your home owners (or pick the B.S. story of your choice your comfortable with). The greedy dishonest service manager get's what he deserves for short changing the shop, and you get a free or next to free service !

Ok. That's a crazy idea that would probably not jive would most but it's at least fun to think about.

Yo, Jeff. What's with the new avitar?
    Towson Engsberg
    2006 Legendary XLii DS

Quote Originally Posted by towsonengsberg View Post
    Yo, Jeff. What's with the new avitar?
    I don't know what Jeff's up to, Towson - but I think I'm in love!

Jeff Bayley Guest

Towson, George, Michael and other Avitar fans. My Avitar has evidently been removed. The Internet has been cleansed at last.

Quote Originally Posted by jj628 View Post
    As some of you know I've been having issues with my Allen Bradley system. I've worn a gold Rolex watch for 20 plus years. While preparing to meet with the technician who charges up to $250 per hour I thought " maybe I should take off this watch so as not to look to prosperous". It was early in the morning so in a few seconds my head cleared and I thought " I'm parking my Jaguar XK8 in front of my Prevost bus and I'm thinking not wearing a watch is going to fool this guy?" As Bill Engvall would say "here's your sign". I put the watch back on but I haven't seen the bill yet. jjf
    Hi John. I think the Prevost was the tip off.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bayley View Post
    Towson, George, Michael and other Avitar fans. My Avitar has evidently been removed. The Internet has been cleansed at last.
    At least I got to see it, before the Internet Police removed her.

Gary S.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bayley View Post
    Jeff - if that's the kind of "cleansing" that some people require, I want no part of it! It stymies me (and saddens me) why some people are so scandilized by, unappreciative of, jealous of, or intimidated by the beauty of the female form to the extent that they don't think that anyone should see/appreciate it! I mean c'mon - it's not like your avatar depicted people having sex (God forbid!) Oh the humanity!

Thumbs up

Jeff,

I think You will be safe with the avatar like the Lady below

Attachment 7011

Alek