Okay, to answer some of the questions, yep I did it in a single. 7310 miles worth. And about 55 flying hours. The longest leg was 4:20 and at one point I flew almost two hours without seeing the ground. I did see some cumulogranite sticking up, but I was at 11,500 and they were quite a bit below me.

I had another two hour leg where I didn't see a road, house, car or other sign of civilization. That was scary. But I was flying along a river most of the time and I would not have turned down a water landing if needed. I had a hour leg of scud running thru a river valley that was pretty spectacular and three IFR legs that included one IMC takeoff and one actual approach. IFR in Alaska is very different than here in flyover country. The lack of radar causes all kinds of issues. Manditory reporting points, time delays on the departures for sequencing or for the proceeding flight to reach radar coverage and blocked out times for scheduled airline operations.

I did however buy this book and thought about it often as I was flying about in the hinterland and I am encouraging MangoMike to author a bus version since he has had the same life experiences.

Some cumulogranite near Yukatat

Best Flying Day - Monument Valley

And yes the plane has a fairly Oklahoma State centric paint scheme.