Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alaska By Air

Default Alaska By Air

Well we are in Olympia, WA about to launch for Alaska in the Bonanza. Hopefully wheels up around 10:30 tomorrow headed to Prince George, BC. Some crazy flying to get from Houston to Olympia, but we make it okay.

Thumbs up

It's a beautiful thing to see, an airplane with a painted cowl and a navigator with a color coordinated outfit.

Have a wonderful and safe trip.

Stay away from those rock formations that protrude into your air space.

JIM

That looks like fun! As a fellow Bonanza owner, I would advise keeping those tip tanks full at all times and make certain that there is not too much dust on your instrument scan . While most of my experience is with Anchorage (year around) even the jet can really bang around when dropping into the Anchorage Bowl. Brian E (FT) and Larry B (AS) I am sure would agree....ahh fire island! Just watch the weather and you will have fun.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Jerry, great pics. Great paint job on the Bonanza, (brings back good memories). You guys be careful and have a great trip. You are living my dream.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

A mouse in the woodwork told me that Jerry and Rae are on their adventure with a group of aviation pals. For the first timer to Alaska flying this is a great way to explore our most beautiful state. Having made a few single engine trips north ourselves we have and will in the future keep it a strictly VFR operation and will try and fly in the company of others. The beauty of the area would instantly become threatening if you couldn't see it. That said, we'll head our old Cessna north at the drop of John's Captains hat.

Default Made it to the Yukon

Rae & Jerry - have a great time! We will keep you in our prayers for your safety! Ed & I truly enjoyed our trip there last summer. As Dan & Jo say, make sure you get to Talkeetna and take a flight up to Mt. McKinley. Breath taking! Of course the whole state is breath taking. Except for alot of the (Hotels) we stayed in. Bed and breakfast are your best choices. God be with you!
    Sandy & Ed
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

What gorgeous pics, keep sending please so we can all enjoy this journey vicariously!

Debi

Jerry,

The Bonanza looks great with the new paint! I'll bet that Alaska is out of this world from the air! I know that we are super impressed with the beauty of the state from our perspective. Each new area seems more beautiful than the previous one.

We are in Valdez now; just made the ferry trip thru Prince William Sound. Too beautiful for words.

Enjoy your trip and be safe!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

I saw the video of you guys flying up a river canyon. Its beautiful country. The engine sounded pretty loud, I guess thats why you have head sets. I can't imagine seated for 7 hours in a single engine airplane but the view definately makes up for it. Are you flying near where Ken, Janet, Tuga , and Karen ar traveling?
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide