Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CruiseAir

Default CruiseAir

We are having trouble with our cruiseair in the rear unit - plenty of freon but blows warm....we live near Auburn AL -anyone have any ideas as to a good repair center not too far away?
    H3-45 Vantare Featherlite 1999.
    Thanks for any info or recommendations
    Debbie

Dwight,

I know AAP has a guy in SW Atlanta that can work on your Cruisair, I wasn't sure what direction you were going. You may want to call AAP and see if they can refer you to someone in AL. Their number is 804-633-9454. Also, Bleakley RV is a Prevost dealer and they are on the west side of Atlanta on I-20. You could call the Prevost hot line and they probably can point you to someone as well.

Thanks so much Tom - we are only 90 miles from ATL so that works for us. Dwight will call them tomorrow!
    Appreciate th help
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by dsaylrn View Post
    Thanks so much Tom - we are only 90 miles from ATL so that works for us. Dwight will call them tomorrow!
    Appreciate th help
    Debbie
    Debbie - if you and Dwight bring the bus over to Atlanta for service, let us know! Maybe Vita and I could meet you guys somewhere to have a meal and swap bus stories & other lies! We're just about 30 miles north of downtown Atlanta in Woodstock.

Call Todd at Atlanta Custom Coach rather than John Bleakley would be my opinion.
    Towson Engsberg
    2006 Legendary XLii DS

We also are having trouble with out rear CruisAir. In blows hot air except at infrequent moments when the compressor engages and its cold for a few minutes. We are on our cross country voyage and currently in Southern New Mexico in the El Paso / Las Cruces area. We are hoping someone has a contact for CruisAir repair in the state. AAP does not have anyone for a few hundred miles. Any help is much appreciated. Mike

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

I don't know which way you are headed, but you might try American RV just west of EL Paso, I think in Anthony about mile marker 1.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Cruise Air, roof air and OTR questions are very difficult to sort out on a forum.

The first thing any technician is going to do is to attach a set of gauges and go from there. Without gauges anything is just speculation and there are so many potential failure points the best we armchair mechanics can do is aim you at a technician.

One thing for everyone to be aware of is we are dealing with all different kinds of refrigerant. Cruise Airs are run on R22, OTR most of the time 134A, but some older ones still have R-12. I think almost all roof airs now are 134A. The technicians should know this.

Personally, unless the technician can prove to me he is qualified to work on Cruise Airs or OTR I would only go to a service center that specializes in the product.

Clean the filter. It is located on the side of the evaporator . It is normally a foam filter (wash it with water). It is about 12 inches square. It is usually the first one to clog up with dirt ie. stuff.

One more refrigerant, all units made within the last year or so will use R410 refrigerant. Older units with R12 can be converted to R134a since R12 is almost non existent and no longer made. If a refrigerant change is undertaken from R12 to R134a, the compressor oil MUST be changed. R12 uses a mineral oil and R134a uses a polyester oil. I'm of the opinion that a typical AC service company would be better able to service the CA units. The typical automotive compressor based driver air systems are radically different from the built up split CA systems.