Thread: 2002 Prevost Royal Coach AC problem

Default 2002 Prevost Royal Coach AC problem

I have three AC units on the roof. The back two are not putting out much volume. Any idea why? We are in Austin Texas and looking for ideas or a good dealer who can help us.

Deloy,
    Sorry you are having problems on your trip. Since I am the former owner of your coach (#307), I thought I would chime in.

I understand that all three AC units feed into the same plenum. Therefore if one, or two, were NOT working, there would still be some air coming out. Obviously, the majority of air in an area correlates to the nearby unit. So it is possible one unit is not getting power. Breakers? Line voltage?

Also, Royale set that coach up so either the mid or back unit would run off the inverter (there is a switch on the dash to select which one). I was hesitant to load up the inverters like that, so I never used that feature. It could be something in that circuitry.

My brother also has a Royale, his got to where he had to unplug the RJ11 (phone type) connector behind the filter on the AC unit to reset the thermostat to get it to work. I guess it is possible your problem is similar. He ended up replacing t-stats and controller board.

Is there a chance the filters are blocked?

I am sure others will have better ideas, but this might help you get started.

Did you get the fridge working?
    John & Janene Browder
    Knoxville, TN
    2008 Marathon H3-3S

Maybe call the guys at Royale Phoenix.

http://www.royalephoenix.com/

Dan Jourdan
    President / General engineer
    Cell: 574-849-2122
    drj@royalephoenix.com

Glenn Berden
    Vice President / Electrical Engineer
    Cell: 574-612-7985
    gjb@royalephoenix.com
    John & Janene Browder
    Knoxville, TN
    2008 Marathon H3-3S

You might call Dave Miller @ Texas Custom Coach http://www.texascustomcoach.com/index.htm
    (888) 761-4225

They are in Pipe Creek, TX. out in the HIll Country not too far from you, I suspect. They have a very nice facility.

Gary S.

You try setting the fan speeds on the thermostats to high. Maybe the auto fan speed is not letting the units step up. Just a thought. Our's is coach 299