Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 24V Alternator

Tom

You had 93's on it . A guy up here with a similar coach ( 2000 CC ) has 94's on his? Is there a reason to have either or??

Thanks

Jamie
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

when reinstalling watch not to over tighten belt because of the frame mounted bracket the engine moves seperately,these alt.s seem to fail in the bearing area alot,without a auto tensioner they get the abuse.

Jamie,

I had a 24 V alternator replaced in Bluevost just weeks ago in Eugene, OR. It was not easy to find. I was told Delco Remy doesn't make them anymore, and the newer semi's on the highway run a smaller alternator. I wanted a factory re-man, so that I would at least have some recourse, and it had to be overnighted from Reno, NV. It was a few hundre dollars, don't remember exactly. The yo-yo that took my pulley off the old one busted it, and the pulley was harder to find than the alternator. They paid for the pulley. All is good now.

Ken

Jamie,

Grab a beer and read this thread: http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...highlight=belt

The 94's didn't work on your bus because they were too long. The adjuster was almost at it's maximum adjustment with the 93's. Don't use the BX belts, they have teeth and shouldn't be used with the idler pulley.

I too was having a belt problem and replaced them with 2/B93 and so far so good in over 10,000 miles. I also put on the triple molded belt (don't have number handy) on the other side and it too is working fine. Purchased mine from Orren. As previously mentioned, remove the idler pulley to install the belts.

Jamie, I Googled 24 volt Delco Alternator. I think yours is the 3rd one down. $ 113.95 plus 7.95 shipping. New.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Jamie, Above information is not even close. Went home and compared numbers on my alternator with Roger Foster's alternator and I now have information that might be helpful. The model # is 19010000. They are a series # 26-S1, 75 amps, 24 volt, neg ground. Used mostly on Caterpillar engines and around $ 300. Several sources available on the internet.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty