Thread: Hilton Head Island Resort SC

Thumbs up Hilton Head Island Resort SC

Peg and I hope to be leaving Houston, tomorrow Thursday early afternoon, heading to Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort in S.C. for the week of July 4th. We will be picking up our 10 year old granddaughter in Atlanta, on the way.

That is if I can get out of Prevost Ft. Worth sometime today to get home and pick up my girls, Peg and Ebonie.

Anybody going to be in the resort at that time? Never been to the island, but have heard it is a nice place to visit.

Enjoy the summer.

Gary S.

Orren Zook Guest

Gary,

Exit 8 off I-95 is the best way to go, it's 28 miles but takes an hour during the summer months, get on the island early or later after rush hour. There are 3 spots at the gate (office closes at 5PM) that you can park in after hours but only 1 50 amp service for over nighters. I'd take the cross island expressway (toll) and then left at the first light (Arrow Rd) after the bridge then the ORA is maybe a mile and a half on the left. We're getting our pad redone this week or next - so it's out of commission right now or I'd tell you to stay there. We were planning to get down there July 16 to see how the work has progressed.

Thanks Orren for the driving details. Peg and I will value your information.

We are looking forward to the week.

Gary

Peggy and Gary--we were in Hilton Head a couple of years ago. We enjoyed The Old Fort Pub, Antonio's, CQ's and Boathouse II. The food was outstanding with each place having it's own unique charm. Yummy!!

Carla