Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which brand is Best and why

That is a very. very nice looking install. Your back looks as good as your front.
    Thanks for the pictures.
    AL

Thanks all for the comments, I'll post some of the bedroom stuff when I get a moment.

John, I'm currently not using a HD satellite system. I planned to use the MotoSat HD-SL5 system in conjunction with the TracStar SV360 in-motion but I was so satisfied with the picture quality and ease of use from the TracStar, I held off on the Motosat HD system install. Since I made my equipment bays easily accessable behind the TVs I can add a HD system when I'm ready very easily.

As for the cabinetry, I do the design and electronics and leave the cabinetry to a professional woodworker. Dan @ Royale Phoenix did this cabinetry work. He is very methodical and a perfectionist so it came out just as I designed it. I would use him again on any level of cabinetry project.

Default Bedroom description

Hi all, as promised, here is some more information on the bedroom Entertainment upgrades -

I used the same Samsung HD LEDTV and HR24 DirecTV DVR in the bedroom as I did in the living room to make the menu features and remote control operation exactly the same throughout the bus. Getting a 32" Samsung HDTV in the bedroom meant changing the cabinet.

This wasn't all that impactive since there was room without disturbing the ergonomics or appearance of the bedroom. It did mean I had to be very particular in my TV choice since the bedroom TV would be at a 30 degree off-angle from the bed which is the viewing area. The Samsung 6500 LED HDTV series doesn't degrade as the viewing angle increases so there was no problem in this area.

Again I used the same installation concept and hinged the TV so that full access to the back area was available. Since there was a little shelf area for the Satellite receiver and such below the TV already I didn't really need the rear access but for wiring access and future upgrades I wanted the rear access. I didn't like seeing the components on this shelf so I created a removable panel to cover the shelf that appears to be a speaker grill.

Behind the TV I also didn't like seeing the hardware or wires so I used a black carpeted panel which is velcro'd up for easy removal. Behind this carpet panel is all the antenna, cable, satellite and audio video wiring. That also made it easy to velcrow the in-motion Tracstar satellite controller to the carpet access panel for easy satellite signal viewing whenever we pull into a tree covered site. It is very nice to be able to get to all the wires that run the entire entertainment system easily anytime I want but not have to look at them anytime I open the back TV cabinet. In the future, I may install a bedroom 321 bose sound system in the available open area behind this TV but the sound from the TV is fine for now for the little bedroom viewing we do.

Wow Gary when are you comming out to Calif or West Texas you have my vote to replace my front TV. It looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!