Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice POG Prevost for sale

OK, here goes......

Economic times have fallen hard on the Transportation, Warehousing and Commercial Property business here in Georgia and Ms Truk and I will have to take a break from bus ownership for a while. Small family businesses have been discarded like household trash, regardless of what the talking heads say. Somewhere along the line we must have missed our Stimulus money and the idiots in DC should be proud of the 10.2% unemployment rate in Georgia.

If business wasn't bad enough, since we're just a little Company with no Health Insurance purchasing power, our little Group renewal will cost us only $1,420.00 monthly, since Nance and I are 63 and too young for Medicare and that's with a $3,000.00 deductible 80/20 each. But wait, Health Insurance is free for illegals, I don't get it! Oops, I forgot, the Economy is turning around according to the Chosen One and Health Insurance is going to get cheaper. Sorry, no more politics!!!

So this is just a bump in the road and a temporary setback and if we end up with a POS plastic trade for awhile, the Green Machine will be the benchmark of future bus ownership. I hate it, it's as close to flawless as you can get and we had no intentions of parting with the Liberty. Flipping this bus was never a consideration.

Rick - Thanks for thinking of us, but we will have to pass on ME. We have to be in upstate NY in August for our 45 year class reunion and the dates are just too far apart to stick around after the Lobsta Fest.

Tough times lead to tough decisions. I don't know anyone that would give up their coach without a fight, especially Tom.

But, it will have it's rewards... Good luck. Someone will end up with a nice bus.

lonesome george Guest

Tom, none of this is good news.

Truk
    Hang in there, been there done that, if your travels find you up by Lake George this summer give us a call.
    Wendy and Rick DeSilva
    '08 Marathon H-3
    2017 F350 platinum
    Mahwah, NJ
    Brant Beach, NJ
    Pelican Lake, Fla

Sorry to hear about that - hang tough Tom....

Hang tough! As a small business owner I know the feeling! I have not had a pay check for a year but due to past successes we are doing fine. Best of luck, and we sincerely hope your fortunes turn around quickly!! Dan & Jo
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

You know after making the above post I did some serious thinking. We are not okay down here in Ms. I put my employees on a 4 day work week about 6 months ago. They are mostly clerical so I know it is a hardship on their families. I have lost 5 good salespeople who could no longer make a living in the real estate sales & rental business. We have virtually stopped all advertising and cut out a lot of other expenses just trying to make the business just break even, and it has not. We of course were hit by Katrina and now the Oil situation. If we have a Hurricane and the Oil covers the land like Katrina did, the Ms. Gulf Coast will not survive! There will be no coming back to a normal life in this part of the country. Tens of thousands of people will lose there jobs and possessions.
    This will happen no matter if Bush, Obama, Clinton , Lincoln etc were all President!

Not writing this looking for sympathy as Jo, myself and all of my family will make it without starving or losing our homes (or Bus) as we will get by okay.
    Just a few words to inform everyone as to the seriousness of everyones predicament here on the Ms. Gulf coast.
    Please remember all these folks in your thoughts. Dan & Jo
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Thanks Dan... I would imagine if everyone who is feeling the pain these days posted on this thread, it would make the all time longest thread ever. We're watching the Gulf mess daily and thinking about all you folks and how it will effect so many.