Thread: Find your MacBook or iPhone when stolen...

Default Find your MacBook or iPhone when stolen...

A new software program called Undercover helps police find you computer of iPhone when stolen by photographing the thief and tracking there whereabouts. Technology at its best.

See link below:

http://www.orbicule.com/undercover/mac/

Sorry not available for PCs, but who would want to steal one anyway.

Now Lloyd, don't you know that many have thrown away their Iphone and got a Droid. I have the Motorola Droid but never had an Iphone, so I have no comparison. This is my first experience with a smart phone, and it is amazing what a powerful computer is loaded in such a small package. When I tether my phone to my laptop, I can surf the web just as fast as my DSL at home. Anyway, I suppose if you are a die-hard Mac user, you will never know the joys and trials of a "normal" PC.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

The advantage of the Droid is the Verizon network. I was surprised when we when to upgrade our Telus phone here in Canada they now have iPhone which all the carriers in Canada do so now we have a Rogers and Telus iPhone.

Why Apple does not drop ATT or at least offer a Verizon version I do not know.

iPhone tethers also with my MacBookPro and gives me a 3G connection, though like all cell phones is limited to 5Gb of usages a month before the fees get unreasonable.

But the Droid is a nice phone, maybe someone will write an Undercover type program for it someday.

At this time, there is no limit on data for the Droid through Verizon. A very useful app that I have allows me to find my phone if I loose it or lets me awake Paulette's phone even if she has left it on silent. This has come in handy several times when one of us forgets to turn off "Silent Mode". I can send her a message that will awake her phone. It would be nice if someone could take the best from Iphone and Droid and combine them into one great phone/computer.
    Last edited by dale farley; 06-19-2010 at 11:44 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!