Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: POG II - The Aftermath

dalej Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dalej
    Well now the rest of the story....

Remember me blowing black smoke? When I took the bus in for that bad injector, I had mentioned to the Detroit guy the transmission hose that had rubbed a hole in it and I had fixed it with a hose nipple and four clamps, (remember the thread, Check your hoses?) I said if you have time you can put a new hose on, but re-route it so it won't happen again.

When I went back Thursday the bill was $900 and change. Remember that the injector is under warranty. He said he found a hole in the exaust manifold and had it welded, found a small water leak, replaced the hose, the KN filter was plugged from the bad injector blowing smoke. Anyway paid it and went on my way.

After sleeping on it, I started thinking man! that's was expensive for no more then what was done. So I called down and asked for the store manager and visited with him for a few minutes. He thought it sounded high and asked if he was to credit me back $400 would that be fair, I said yes.

I'm writing this to see if this is an isolated incendent or should we as "rich bus owners", beware. I would just think that they would call to see if you want these little things (that I enjoy fixing) done.

Any thoughts?

This is the rest of the rest of the story...

We were getting ready to leave for Phoenix on 11.9 so the night before I was checking the oil I found the oil on the dip stick was up about 10 inches above the F, WHAT , I checked it again and sure enough it had diesel in the oil . I got on the phone and called Detroit in Colby KS and he said that they must have cracked a fuel line when they put the new injector in. I had driven it 190 miles home after the repair was done. So I changed the oil and drove it back down to Colby so they could put in new lines on the #2 cylinder which had the new injector. It took 3 hours for the repair and we were on our way.

Also I had recieved three windshields from Prevost, before we had left so I put one in the drivers side, it always looks so nice when you have a new windshield We made it to Phoenix and then just started home, not even out of the city and bame, the drivers window took a hit . Well I have another windshield to replace.

Do you every think that maybe your supposed to just stay home?

win42 Guest

Dale: Bummer! Bad luck runs in threes'. I think you have your quota. Don't get discourged the black cloud following you has drifted away.

Dale,

Sorry man. I feel your pain.

I know Jon did a detailed HOW TO on windshield replacement, but for us simpler mind guys could you do a picture book of your next installation. That coupled with Jon's expose would be great.

Mike
    Last edited by MangoMike; 11-15-2006 at 08:54 PM.

Keep the faith Dale, I see a trouble free trip to Kerrville in your future.

dalej Guest

Thanks Guys, After we left Colby KS we ran 2400 miles and the 8V just purred. I like how JW put it " didn't miss a knot"

Diesel prices were 2.49 to 2.62, ouch! spent a ton of Lewbucks on fuel.

You know, sometimes I get a bit upset at these repair facilities. My lack of jake brakes turned out to be (according to the DD repair shop): "bad connectivity of the jake terminals under the valve cover".

I think the real translation of that is: Oops! We forgot to hook them suckers back up when we did your tuneup previously!!