Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: POG II - The Aftermath

Default Rogers Bling

Debi & BOB-00,
    Formerly Fast Roger was over the top with Stainless Steel. Covering every inch of his engine compartment and other areas of the bus. Combined w/ high intensity LED's

rog_2991.jpg

rog_2992.jpg

rog_2994.jpg

More Rog Bling

rog_2999.jpg

rog_3002.jpg

rog_3006.jpg

Honestly Pixs don't do it Justice. Roger and Jon both worked real hard to bling up their machines.

MM

Thanks Mango, very impressive with all the added stainless and LED's. Sorry to have missed you and Donna this time but maybe the next one?? I appreciate the pictures

Debi and Bob-00

I will admit to being a little over the top by polishing the air supply pipe to the turbo and stringing the (non LED) lights, but I tried to limit my "bling" to practical, but showy.

I do have to relate that on the way home a truck with more LED lights than I ever saw in one place went by. I told him I was impressed with his bling. He made JDUB's bus look like understatement.

He did not have a surface that wasn't covered with lights and when he turned on his signals the ones lined up like an arrow flashed and blinded anyone looking at his truck. He was from Memphis.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default Thank you, thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg
    I will admit to being a little over the top by polishing the air supply pipe to the turbo and stringing the (non LED) lights, but I tried to limit my "bling" to practical, but showy.

I do have to relate that on the way home a truck with more LED lights than I ever saw in one place went by. I told him I was impressed with his bling. He made JDUB's bus look like understatement.

He did not have a surface that wasn't covered with lights and when he turned on his signals the ones lined up like an arrow flashed and blinded anyone looking at his truck. He was from Memphis.

Roger,
    How did you know you needed a Throttle Position Sensor? Is this a part we should carry in our Ace Hardware bay? $95 and 60 miles isn't a huge price to pay, but still a pain in the bling.

Forum-ly I want to thank you from all the POG I' ers for taking the time and initiative in producing our own personal Anal awards.

Note to self in Truck Stop Overnite parking - Avoid sleeping next to Reefer trucks.

Peter - Well thought out comments - please keep the contributions coming.

MM

Smile Santa Fe -POG II , 'Prevost Madness'

Well, I don't know what was more fun, the trip out ( Caravaning with 6 other Prevosts), The Prevost Rally (Meeting a really wonderful group of fellow Bus Nuts), or getting up at 4:00 AM to willingly FREEZE , and watch the Balloon Fiesta. Lise, Conner and I had such a great time. No problems (Thank the Bus Gods!) traveling home. (2 days)

Peter had some very good observations. I would only add, it would be nice to have an 'Open House' day where we could tour everyone's Bus. It was hard to get to everyone's Bus with so much going on.

Don't change the informal Dynamic, if it aint broken, don't fix it.

Kevin, my biggest faux paus, was attempting to go off roading in my Monaco several years ago and sinking the front end up to the front axles in mud. That cost me 14 k. We've all had our moments, just ask our wives!
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

dalej Guest

Gary I like your idea of a open house. One of the things that Jan and I thought we could get at POGII was ideas on how to decorate our coach on the inside, we are starting to plan the redo of some parts i.e. captians chairs, dash, shades. We feel bad asking to see others coaches since they are really their homes.

I would also like to see at least one new coach from a convertor, would really like to see at least three. Just to see all the latest technical stuff.

lewpopp Guest

Dale, Re: Open House.

Many years ago I belonged to a very large group of MH owners and our coaches were discontinued as far as production was concerned. ( GMC )

At each rally we listed on a large card what we were willing to show and put it in the front window. Certain times were set aside for tours and we all picked up some super ideas.

I would like to show a couple things I have done (not including the dash laminates) at some POG rally if it's not too far off. That's super fun. I had a wine and cheese party while showing my coach (GMC) when I did a major remodel. (hint: no wine allowed into the coach) .

Lew

Default Time flies when yer having fun

Wow! A lot has happened since we pulled out of SF Skies. We've been in the woods for almost a week and mucho has happened. Dale, thank goodness it wasn't a blown engine. Sounds like the door damage was worse than the injector problem, ouch. Kevin, I too had a tank incident, luckily it just gave me a bath and didn't ruin the inside of the coach. Others had their tribulations also. Hope everyone made it home safely and didn't break the lewbank. Tuga's right, we need an "I learned about Bussin' From That" forum. Our wives could definately make it look bad for many of us. Beverly and I had a great time and would like to thank all who made it happen. The POG I folks especially that took the time and made the effort to head west were the glue that stuck us together. We'd also like to echo Peter's and Jon's comments about future gatherings. This is a great bunch of folks and being flexible, having fun and sometimes going "off the wall" can separate us from other groups.

BrianE
    94 Liberty XL