Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: POG II - The Aftermath

Talking POG II High Res. Image from Dale and Jan

A link is posted on the Information Sharing page where you can link to a higher resolution image of the POG II group photo from Dale and Jan Juranek.

Once the image comes up, right click and save it for printing and viewing in a larger size.

Thanks Jan and Dale for the great group shot!
    Last edited by Jim Skiff; 10-18-2006 at 10:24 AM.

Default Info Overload

Well for those still on the road here is the benefit of my experiences after leaving POG2.
    Check engine light on- check water level, I checked a number of coaches at the rally except mine! Added fluid and corrected it.
    Snow and blowing wind gusts of 44mph at Williams Az - bus starts but would not move. TPS failure low. No fast idle. Turns out had to make a run to Flagstaff in the toad to get a Throttle Position Sensor (screws onto the fuel pedal) sends an electronic signal to the engine to control the throttle. $95.00 and 60 miles round trip, back in action- On to Phoenix visiting relatives that haven't been seen in 35 years. Spent the night in Tucson Az (78 degrees) came in the cover of darkness, will slip on down the road tonite to somewhere in West Texas.
    Kevin: glad to hear you are dry. (education costs)
    Karl: Next Pog you win Bling Prize for your Toad!!
    Mango: Jon says you are speeding!
    AP: Was that your bottle?
    Truk4U: Did you see any UFO's ( I got a cousin in Phoenix with pictures!)
    JDUB: I'll let you rest this post
    MikeSimmons: Any more tranny shift mysteries?
    over and out
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Petervs Guest

Default POG 2 reflections

Hi all, we had a great time at POG 2 and have officially joined. I had emailed Jim with a couple of ideas about future POGS and will put them here too. If you agree or not, I would enjoy hearing from you on it.

POG 1 and 2 and 3 are all going to be 6 months apart , October and April. If we keep this up it will lead to:

1. All POGs will be in southern areas where the weather is decent in April and October

2. POGs will never be in places like Yellowstone, Maine, Upper Michigan, Glacier National Park Montana, etc.

3.Some of us who live in northern latitudes will always have to drive a long ways.

4. People who live in warmer latitudes will never have the opportunity to head north to cool off in the hot time of year.

5. We will soon tire of going to the same places over and over.

6. People with children in school will always have to find a way to deal with that to attend a POG.

I think a schedule of a POG every 8 months will automatically rotate the POGs through the calendar and provide more variety and solve all the problems above.

Also, I think Santa Fe Skies Park was perfectly adequate. The meeting room was fine, the food was fine, the company was excellent, the opportunity to do some fun things in the area ( Santa Fe and the Balloon Fiesta) was great, and the technical discussions were fantastic. If we evolve the POGs into fancy deluxe resorts like Outdoor Resorts, and have all catered meals, and add live music, etc; well then I think we are starting to act a lot like FMCA or the Marathon Club. Personally, not my style. I certainly do not mind a deluxe resort once in a while, but I do not think it is a necessity. I think fun things to do in the area are a must.

OK, now you know my opinion, I hope to hear yours too.

Future POGs might include an award for the greatest distance traveled to attend?

Default Roger and Mickie's Bling??

Does anybody who attended POGII have photos of Roger's bling Bob-00 is dying to see what he missed! Roger That(previously known as Fast Roger) and his lovely wife Mickie are not home yet so hopefully one of you will take pity on those of us who were unable to attend and share?? Then again, maybe I should just ask Lew he always has the inside scoop

Thanks,
    Debi and Bob-00

I seem to be following Peter's comments today, but that is OK because unlike some of us he makes sense.

To Peter and all, April and October are not cast in stone. In fact nothing is cast in stone. This is not a club or organization so as soon as someone thinks of a neat place or date for a rally or event they can make it happen. A case in point was OSH. It seemed like a neat idea so several of us did it.

If after the rally in April someone thinks a rally in Maine should take place in July, and there is sufficient support in the form of folks willing to do a little to make it happen it is a done deal. Personally I do not want to see POG evolve into something that has formal annual rally dates or seasons, but is just a bunch or Prevost lovers (not necessarily owners) that make rallies happen.

As the number of POG members grows it must be recognized that a lot of advance planning is necessary to reserve sufficient campground sites or to gain access to some events.

POG II was a special event. It's timing was dictated by the balloon festival, its location (thanks Jim and Chris) was dictated by avaialbility of sites suitable for our coaches, and the western location was meant to expose the west side of the country to the type of rally we had in FL. As the membership grows it is probable there will tend to be regional rallies and they will likely occur throughout the year allowing members to choose dates and places that work best.

The key to addressing concerns such as Peter's is to increase the number of members so there is always something in the works Until we get big enough we have to continue to get ideas out in the open.

But one thing....no structure, no fancy stuff, just fun relaxed rallies where everybody is a participant and nobody feels the group is just a bunch of cliques.

Default Jeff and Helen..we missed you.

As ole Bob pictured below illustrates, a POG rally without Jeff and Helen sucks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

marchant Guest

Default Transmission Update

Well, it's 5:00pm and we are leaving Oklahoma City with a replaced transmission seal.

United Engines was great to work with.

Headed to Memphis, then Nashville, then Georgia !"home"

Good new Carl, just follow the bread crums I left for you!

For those of you that weren't present, the following pictures go above and beyond the normal Rally maintenance seminar. Our own A-1 pulls an axle on his Liberty so poggers can understand the process needed in the event of being towed.

Were else could you find a more dedicated member.
    Thanks Jon.......

IMG_0631_1.JPG

IMG_0633_1.JPG

Default Brown water galore...

Kevin:

I can sympathize with you buddy, the same thing happened to me in Zion RV Resort in Utah.

I was talking to the guy next door while I hooked up the sewer hose and I failed to open the valve. As we used water the tank filled up. Before leaving to go horseback riding we started a load of clothes washing. My friend, who stayed behind with the coach noticed the liquid gold coming up thru the shower drain( lowest point on the coach). He quickly realized what had happened, ran outside and opened the valve. Fortunately, the marble floor was the only area that received any water.

Don't feel bad; we've all done stupid things. I'll bet there are some other stories out there if some of the POGgers want to fess up. I'll bet the wives can enlighten us with some funny stories that the guys would rather not hear about it. How about it gals!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot