Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: New member from Florida with questions

Quote Originally Posted by GDeen View Post
    Have always been a little jealous of the 4 cruiseair setup in the Liberty, although I am not sure how they run all 4 with the other electrical demands on 50A.
    They all (4) run on 50A, but additional loads such as the microwave will be powered through the inverter(s) pulling on the batteries. If the batteries are low and the inverter/chargers are charging them at the higher rates (the inverters not adjusted for a lower amp charge rate) it has been my experience that the total load will then often pop the pole breaker outside.

I should add that in that case I turn off the charging function and watch/minimize the other loads carefully. My inverters have dual power inputs, the second is a separate supply for the charger(s).

The Center of Gravity on my bus with roof airs is offset by the additional cargo my wife has me carry in the bays of the bus. I would not have the ability to haul on that extra stuff unless I had roof airs. I have not rolled it over yet. So it worked out.

Plus I had a Liberty with 4 cruise airs and after experiencing a cruise air failure and getting blistered in more ways than one, I recalled that in a previous life on my plastic RVs - when the roof air died, I didn't have to rob the cookie jar to buy a new one.

So don't anybody get their panties in a wad, but roof airs ain't that bad and cruise airs ain't that good!!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

OH MAN! Roger, I wish you had posted earlier.....I just finished moving my roof airs to the side windows, (2 on each side), the air horns , light, and the sat dome to the front of the bus. And I thought......glad I didn't have a plastic shield on front.. Now I will feel much safer on those curves!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Wow Pete, What a job that must have been. Although the visual I have of the finished product is pretty ugly I'm sure the weight transfer is significant. Too bad though you could only get those units as low as the windows. That won't compete with the Cruise Airs low mounting point. By the way, are you a pilot ? No comment about the " Plastic Shield. "

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Yes Jim, as a matter of fact, I am a pilot (though not current), but I failed to get the connection between the A/C issue and airplanes, so I didn't mention it in the post.....guess it was making reference to cooler air at altitude...maybe that is the reason roof airs work good they are higher up than the cruise airs.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Pete, You may have started a trend. f mine ever go bad, I may take it a step farther and just get me 3 of those portable units from WalMart and place one in the LR, DR, and bedroom. Simple installation.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!