Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know this coach?

Default Anyone know this coach?

Does anyone recognize this coach? The seller says it was purchased at Auction and they have no owner history. The coach is now located in Bend, Oregon. Do we have any Poggers in the Bend area to go have a walk through for me?

Full listing is at: http://www.autonetworkus.com/webtemp...px?iid=2765219

I have been looking for a coach to put a wheelchair lift on and this one's layout is just what we want but am hesitant with it being Angola (no manufacturer support) but mainly not knowing its history. If I could find the previous owner that would be great. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated.

Craig Lenz

Run a "car fax" on the serial number and the entire history should come up. Maybe even a surprise or two.
    AL
    05 Marathon XL II

jelmore Guest

Something that might show up on a car fax is mileage and odometer issues. Many states, I've found, don't require an odometer statement for vehicles over 26,000 lbs. Car Fax (the brand) doesn't understand that and it looks bad on a report.

Craig,

The folks at Panterra Coach (www.panterracoach.com) in Angola, Indiana should be able to help you. Many of the current employees used to work for Angola Coach. Call them with the description of the coach and they will probably know the coach and be able to tell you a lot about the coach - especially a front and mid entry coach (a rare animal). We had an Angola for five and a half years and liked it very much. They systems were well designed and straightforward and we never had issues finding the answer or someone who could competently work on the coach. You may want to PM Lonesome George. He has a great looking, late model Angola and may be able to provide some additional insight.

Loc
    Last edited by Loc; 06-12-2010 at 07:33 AM.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Unless this coach has a twin, Angola showed this coach at the tampa rv show a couple of years before they went tilt. It was very functional and well built.

I realize very well that looks can be deceiving, but after examining the photos on the listing at Auto Network Group's website, it looks like someone had the coach built and then put it in a garage with almost no use! The condition does indeed look pristine!

Default 1996 Angola

It does look like a nice coach. Especially for the $$$. It is now on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...ZRVsQ5fCampers
    Ron & Suzie Hampton
    2001 Marathon H3-45
    Ford Edge towinf 4 down

Except, there's no pic of the DD Series 60, or at least I couldn't find one.

Although it seems the dual entry would eliminate valuable storage in the back, I have wondered why there aren't more of those in Star Coach setups just so the driver stays in front and the entertainer has their own entrance and exit in the living area.

Gordon,

Randy Travis had a Liberty with the dual entry. There was no access from the front to the rear. The driver had his driving seat and a loft bunk above his head. I think its for sale on busforsale.com.

Loc

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston