Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New member

scott13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Donnie,

Again offering an opinion which may not be consistent with Jim's policy, if you are asked a question don't be shy answering it it you know the answer. That saves those of us that make up answers a lot of time. You are likely to even offer the correct answers, a standard we do not necessarily subscribe to. Where the line gets crossed is when you make it clear you are a business, or a member makes it clear you are a business and you or the member start to solicit customers. We have sponsors that liikely compete with you and if they are paying to be sponsors, and you are siphoning business from them off this site it becomes an issue.

I don't believe any of our sponsors fear competition, but what they may fear is competing on an unlevel playing field in which they pay to participate in POG as sponsors, and someone who pays far less than they do is allowed to compete against them for customers.

As to Michael's concern about stirring the pot, I don't think he went far enough. In addition to a full and complete resume, we expect newcomers to also provide copies of the last three year's tax returns, plus we all expect the normal newcomer's gift. The last new POG member provided all of us with 56" Snap On tool chests. I'm looking forward to your gift.

Welcome aboard.
    Donnie has a real nice toolbox but I don't think he'll giving it away. Glad to see you here Donnie.

Donnie_M Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Prevost.Rick View Post
    hey donnie this is rick m glad to see you here ,remember that day you showed up at mitchells, have had alot of adventures together since,hope more in the future at kerville??
    Which day!! The one that I actually made book time changing out an a/c compressor on a forward controls Blue Bird from the top side...all the time you guys were luaghing at me because I didn't know the bumper came off and the radiator swung out and gives you direct and easy access to the a/c compressor? Or the day I was doing a "make ready" on a 1980 something Liberty and flooded the WHOLE shop after pushing that chrome button on the dash...that was not marked "black dump"??? I know how we can have many more adventures!!!!!

Donnie_M Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scott13 View Post
    Donnie has a real nice toolbox but I don't think he'll giving it away. Glad to see you here Donnie.
    Thanks Scott! Your right, I think I'll be keeping it...lol

Greetings,

Guess I’m the new kid on the block this week or perhaps I’m just another old bald guy. My wife and I recently purchased a new to us 97 Prevost Royale Conversion # 199. We found it in Texas and drove it back to the Republic of California without a single issue.

We are intrigued by the adventures that lie ahead and have been reading most anything we can get our hands on. We can’t seem to find much information on how many Prevost conversions were made by the various converters. Just how many are in this group?

My only complaint with the coach is the need to run the generator to operate the roof air in the bedroom when stopped for a nap. I know it’s customary to make some changes to make the coach your own. My project will be to design and build a 28 volt air conditioner to operate directly from the house batteries.

Since my present occupation is as a thermal management systems engineer designing cooling systems for military vehicles and aircraft, I see little problem making it happen.

I have also read some posts regarding the addition of a pressure washer with a deionizing filter for rinsing the coach, that’s next on the list.
    Look forward to meeting some of you at future events.

John

Thumbs up

Welcome to the group John, check out the posts on the Kerrville, TX rally next month, try to make it!

JIM

Welcome John, sound like a pretty ambitious project. As Jim suggested we'd love to have you come to the rally in October.

Welcome John,It sounds like that you could design an AC unit but wouldn't it be easier to add an inverter for the rear AC unit or maybe just rewire the existing inverter to run the rear AC.I don't think that anyone has come up with a verified number of Prevost that have been converted.I think that the major converters would be easy to figure but the small ones that no longer exist might be more difficult.

You are correct in that it would be easier to add an inverter. The reason for a DC air conditioning unit is that the brushless DC compressor and fans will be variable speed and use only the required power to match the load. Inverters work well but have an overhead electrical consumption used to make the conversion from AC to DC. Typical loss is in the neighborhood of 10-15% of the power consumed. An air conditioning unit operating at part load would have oversized heat exchangers and a resulting reduction of compressor power that could reduce the power draw for air conditioning by as much as 25% at moderate loads. Engineers with time on their hand are like kids in a candy store.

I like projects that accomplish a goal,that sounds great,keep us informed.

Hi John and welcome to POG. What part of California? We have many members thru-out California. Anything I can do to help, let me know.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide